Search the forum,

Discuss Working pressure effecting combustion. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

There still there just note down / advise but don’t act on which is what was done before but still there
Well yes make a note to cover your bum for sure. But as I said NCS does not exist anymore.
There’s an update to GIUSP available on gas Safe website :)

Well yes make a note to cover your bum for sure. But as I said NCS does not exist anymore.
There’s an update to GIUSP available on gas Safe website :)

But it does still have to note it down so still exists

Only saying what the guys leading the reassessment taught me and I’d rather use it than not

Yes but GIUSP comes from the HSE. I think I’m probably going to follow the gas laws rather than a bloke in a training centre

What about gas safe don’t you follow them ?

A regulation and a procedure. I'm quite happy to use NCS terminology and in my bubble I'm the law, but I'll consider the regulations while I'm putting on my spurs and drinking at the sloon:D

A regulation and a procedure. I'm quite happy to use NCS terminology and in my bubble I'm the law, but I'll consider the regulations while I'm putting on my spurs and drinking at the sloon:D
I wonder how much credit a court room judge or a solicitor would give to your ‘bubble’. Up to you though :)

I don’t disagree with the sentiment you still have to advise customers. Call it advisory NC NCS whatever you still have to do it

I can consider the regs and the COP's and the BS's and choose not to comply as long as I can fully justify it and that would usually only mean I'd be exceeding their requirements in a different way, I could also take a disparity in those documents and use it to justify non compliance with one or the other.
For example, nowhere in the regs does it state that it's necessary for me to be gassafe registered to do gas work and quite possibly if I were a member of a professional trade association and kept completely up to date on the regs then I'd be beyond reproach and nobody would bother me (not advocating that, just a point!). People that get prosecuted are a danger to the public with no or little regard for the regulations that's not where i am!
I'm also a staunch supporter of gassafe :oops: but if you actually read through the regs there's allot of grey and sometimes you have to get your balls out!
They're also good for hiding behind and generating work for yourself :eek:

Balance - that's the key!

Screenshot_20190310-235724.png
Screenshot_20190310-235739.png

Ah yes the version with guidance notes, but what does the official regulation say?
You've made my point well IMO
"The defence would like to submit the original unabridged version as evidence your honor",
"And his waste handlers licence"

I'm taking the Sod but still... - come on we couldn't all agree on how to class the original low working pressure issue, how black and white is this fking 'LAW'?

Last edited:
The way i understand Reg 3(3) is that you are to be a member of a class of persons approved for the time being by HSE (gas safe) in order to work on gas.

The guidance makes it clearer. "all gas engineering businesses, including self-employed gas engineers are required to be in membership of a class of persons approved for the time being by the HSE (Gas Safe)"

Well you could argue legaly that being of a class of persons or even 'a member of a class of persons' is a personal requirement, a level of class of the individual.
What it doesn't say is a member of an organisation or body.

I find the more times I read them the more 'if's, may's and reasonably practicable's I find

Reply to Working pressure effecting combustion. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock