Search the forum,

Discuss work/task light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Captain cool

I'm looking to get a new 240v work light if anyone can make any recommendations.

it has to be LED as I don't want to be messing about with bulbs.
I have a rechargeable LED 5w that is handy in lofts etc. Like this one;
image.jpg

It is a bit flimsy and it's power lead is a thin a bell wire.

I want ant something I can set up in a loft or airing cupboard that I'm going to be in all day.

I don't have one yet but Screwfix have a range of LED worklights atm...some 240v some rechargeable.

Make sure you pick enough lumens for the job...

10/11watt LED = approx 75W incand
24w LED = approx 125w incand

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/c/electrical-lighting/portable-lighting/cat8340010

Last edited:
I've got one of these:

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/defender-e709150-2d-work-light-38w-230v/78401

It's brilliant. Seriously bright, weighs next to nothing so you can hang it up with a bungee or a twist of wire. Replaceable bulb but I've had mine 4 or 5 years and not burnt out yet.

I have a massive led torch that works of a motorcycle battery. It was expensive but will stay illuminated for 12 hours on full power

You and a light with a cre led, not one with lots of smaller leds. I have a 2000lum 18v Ryobi hybrid light from the USA which can also be plugged into the mains although I've never bothered to sort a lead out for it.

The 240v screwfix ones are good for the money, sparks on site has got one and it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to work/task light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but donā€™t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock