Search the forum,

Discuss Work Experience Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hindsy

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum, and want to start my career in the plumbing and heating industry. I have spoken to my local college and can start an apprenticeship in September, but I am DESPERATE to get experience and working with a company. I understand that the money will not be great, but I have been knocking on a lot of doors without any success so far!! I won't be put off as this is something I want to pursue.

Being 32 years old, does this put off prospective employers? I am experienced with dealing with all types of customer and have been in the motor trade so am pretty practical.

Any advice that can be given will be very much appreciated or if anyone knows somebody in Ipswich or near by that can help it again would be very much appreciated.

best of british but if you do a search on here you'll see this is a question we get asked at least once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work Experience Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ level 2 plumbing and Heating and then further on to gas engineering. I work full time (Self-employed) and have been a successful Chef for 35 years but have no experience in the plumbing and gas industry. I have a car (clean licence) a good attitude and...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just recently completed my Level 2 City & Guilds Plumbing Course and am now looking for bit of work / experience working alongside an experience plumber to further my knowledge, I am 33, based in Brentwood, Essex and have tools and car. I have done a few domestic jobs for friends and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock