Discuss Work experience in gas advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning peeps,
First post so don't really know how the forum works so please be gentle!!!

Soon to be made redundant however have been given an unconditional offer to do level 3 diploma in gas engineering at local college starting in summer 2019.

Until I start this course I have managed to secure work experience with a major firm for 1 day a week plus they are keen to take me on placement from college. They are asking what I need to do for college and I don't know what to say?? I know I need to do commissioning/de-commisioning etc but was wondering if anyone can give advice on anything I should focus on primarily so I can hit the ground running when college starts as in go with Central heating installation squad or fault finding etc etc

I will have roughly 40 days on the job experience so hopefully can pick up a few helpful bits and pieces by then. Oh and it's domestic I'm doing not commercial.

Thanks in advance for any advice and apologies if anyone offended by my not doing a 4 year apprenticeship.

Regards, mattjam

Have you any experience in plumbing and heating eg qualifications?

I have previously worked with a central heating squad but only as a labourer. Have basically run microbore, cored flue holes etc and filled the van with rubbish!!

TBH I would do lv2 first then it's the start of the understanding and design of a heating system and waste systems etc

Reply to Work experience in gas advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back