Search the forum,

Discuss worcester heatslave 20 / 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

hi guys going to replace a heatslave 20 25 for a new condencing 18 25 this will be my first install on oil any tips would be really helpfull i do about 3 gas boilers a week so should be ok but any tips would be great cheeers in advance pete

the customer has incisted on a worcester any tips wold be good

Find the manual (available from their website) and have a good read before the installation date.

Just re-reading, are you oftec qualified? Sorry for the blunt question, but I don't want to jump to conclusions!

I am oftec yes ive done quite a few services ect first install im a gas engineer lpg gas and commertial just looking for some tips

Deffo the manual.

Also a think about the condensate run, the electrics, plan the day to ensure they have hot water in the evening.

Finally, loads of bits and pieces required. A check in the manual for all the tappings, etc.

Good luck!!

cheers guys i take it they dont supply the male irons ect ??/ ive sorted filtrs fire valves ect already

Trying to remember now. 22mm ef st conns for the flow and return, 15mm ef st conn for cold water, 22mm ef st conn and 22 x 15mm ef red for ho****er and 15mm ef st conn for prv. 10mm Iso valve supplied for oil line. Overflow pipe for any internal condensate run. Don't quote me but you'll need two plugs as well one for top I think is 3/4" (but may be 1") and an 1/2" for the bottom. The heatslave now comes with drain offs on the boiler and heat store. Tighten em before filling tho.

cheers guys i take it they dont supply the male irons ect ??/ ive sorted filtrs fire valves ect already

They don't - hence why I mentioned it. You'll also need a couple of blanks, probably. Remember silly things like glue for the condensate run, inhibitor, possibly a spare trv (if you've one in the garage). I normally do these with a mate and it usually takes both of us one day with me returning the next day to finish off (and correct all his mistakes!!)

It might drive you mad, but you'll have a great glow afterwards when you turn it one and finish tidying up. A real sense of achievement and satisfaction.

and don't forget a sack barrow or skateboard for moving it around.

Every oily should have a skateboard in the back of the van. Less room than a sack barrow and will hold a Stanley cooker.

Easier to steer on the skateboard :)

I have a few short lengths of 1/2" steel for the really big uns.

Or arrange delivery for about 12pm then you can get the chap to help you take the old one out and put the new one in place. You should be drained and disconnected by 12'ish.

Or arrange delivery for about 12pm then you can get the chap to help you take the old one out and put the new one in place. You should be drained and disconnected by 12'ish.

Normally on my piping by then :)

Boiler delivered for 8.30 at the latest. Fired up by 3.30 and away before 5. But that's two of us.

Big requests:

Make sure you put a filter in the line but somewhere its accessible and room underneath for the service engineer to take apart (not that anyone other than me does blah blah..;-) )
Make sure the fire valve is the right way round and the right way up
Make sure you fit an isolator in the oil line if there isnt one.
PLEASE make sure you drill one hole for the fire valve phial to go through and separate ones for the condensate and PRV - 3 in all. So many fitters stick the fire valve phial through the condensate hole, then stick the condensate through it - a royal pain when we have to change the FV.
Make sure you arrange for it to be commissioned by an OFTEC commissioner - its YOUR responsibility to arrange that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester heatslave 20 / 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock