Search the forum,

Discuss worcester heatslave 20/25 keeps losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neildumbleton

Hi, I'm new to this website but am hoping someone can help me please......My oil worcester heatslave 20/25 keeps losing pressure, it drops to 0.2 bar over the day and I am continually having to turn the tap to increase the pressure to make the hot water/heating work. Its not coming out of the pressure release valve which I have replaced and there are no apparent leaks in radiators. Any ideas please. Thank you in advance

Because water was coming out of the vent pipe and it kept losing pressure

Because water was coming out of the vent pipe and it kept losing pressure

any leaks internally or expansion vessel other than that get a gas safe /oftec engineer to have a look

Did you fix the reason why water was coming out the prv.

Who services the boiler? Give them a call.

Could be a faulty plate heat exchanger suppling your hot water. Top up the system again, isolate cold supply to boiler and run hot water taps. Monitor pressure gauge. if the pressure drops repeat exercise but don't run hot taps. If your pressure doesn't drop you know the heart exchanger needs replaced.

Could be a faulty plate heat exchanger suppling your hot water. Top up the system again, isolate cold supply to boiler and run hot water taps. Monitor pressure gauge. if the pressure drops repeat exercise but don't run hot taps. If your pressure doesn't drop you know the heart exchanger needs replaced.

Would do the opposite. Pressure would increase.

Only if low incoming mains pressure. In which case a combi is no good anyway.

Can't rule anything out based on minimal information. Doesn't hurt to think outside the box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester heatslave 20/25 keeps losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock