Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heatslave 15/19 not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Balmeadie

Hi guys, this is my first post so please let me know if I'm not in the right place for this posting.

My problem

1. I came back from a weekend away to find my boiler with no pressure and a circulating pump making a strange noise, no lockout was showing.
2. I changed out the pump, found why the system had lost pressure( blocked expansion vessel hose caused the PRV to activate. no inhibitor from the looks of the gunk coming out when fully drained.)
3. Repressurised system called for hot water and heat, circulating pump runs, no lockout
4. Boiler didn't fire so I pressed the manual override button on the underside of the control panel.
5. Blue flash and a blown fuse for my trouble!

Where do I go next, is it the pcb thats knackered or is it one of the thermostats or something else.
its very cold up here so any help to get us up and running again would be hugely appreciated.

You really need to get a professional in now. Someone who is oil heating experienced or an electrician should hopefully test it all before ever putting power back to it.
Suggest you put your general area and mention boiler type on looking for a plumber section of forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, I think you're probably right, I was just hoping there may have been some fault finding solutions that could have narrowed it down a bit. I'm no sparky so best to admit defeat! If anyone knows of any simple checks please post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester heatslave 15/19 not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
S
Heatslave 18/25 not firing. No heating or hot water but no lockout light and diverter switch is locked in place. Hot water was scalding hot earlier despite being set at a middling temp on the boiler and now there’s no CH or hot water. Makes a whirring noise but nothing fires up when we call for...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock