Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i junior - no green ‘burner on indicator light’,blue flashing diagnostic light in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mcp975

Mcp975 New Member

Last night our combo boiler got turned off at the mains all night. We noticed this morning when we were all getting ready and plugged it back in.
    There was no hot water or central heating, the pressure gauge had dropped way into the red, and the burner indicator light no longer came on green. We adjusted the pressure and it now reads between 1-1.5, but still no hot water or central heating. Have tried pressing reset button. Turning down dials etc.
    The blue diagnostic light is flashing and the green light will not come on at all. No, hot water, no radiators :(

2. EvilDrPorkChop

EvilDrPorkChop GSR

Known fault when power has been off for so long. You need to get a GSR engineer out to it, or Worcester with their one off call out charge.

3. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

4. Mcp975

Mcp975 New Member

Sadly I have. Nothing changes. Our reset button hasn’t flashed at all. Just the flashing blue diagnostic button.

5. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

Unfortunately then, needs a gas safe engineer as advised.

6. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

How is it flashing? fast / slow - mainly off or on

7. Mcp975

Mcp975 New Member

Just checked again and the blue diagnostic light had stopped flashing, and the eco light had come on!? Ran the hot tap to see if any change and the eco light went off and the blue diagnostic light started flashing again...

8. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Need a gse