Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 25i head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
evening all.

Called out to this boiler late last night. No HW.

Pressure was down so checked expansion vessel etc and topped up. Hot water demand fires boiler which lights and then quickly reaches 97 odd degrees before shutting down. Get an initial blast of hot water through the pipes then just goes cool.

Heating working fine. First thought was the diverter valve stuck but would expect to feel some heat on the primaries if that was the case.
Have changed a few plate hex on the 24i juniors in the past but in those cases the boiler was firing and producing lukewarm water, not overheating. So make me think not that.

Haven’t ever really had any probs with these boilers so does anyone with a bit of knowledge of them have any thoughts?

Boiler only three years old so will probably be a call to Worcester Monday morn to get them out under warranty.

Cheers

Last edited:
Check the pump. 9/10 over heat on hot water on these will be a weak pump.

Heating would be effected tho wouldn’t it ?

Op I would check the plate temps in and out could be blocked / restriction

Not really on hot water it will run 25kw on heating it will be 20kw or less. So as I've said 9/10 it will be a pump

But will be more resistance on the pump with heating on than hot water

Have you had the boiler in max fire mode (chimney sweep/service mode) on ch and testpost-1054067.rature rises on that?

Screwdriver check through pump bleed point?

If pump is fine on checks and doesn't rise excessively on ch demand then likely to be plate heat exchanger.

Ive had loads of em, and also there's been a fair few similar faults described on this forum.

Good Post to read which sounds similar is this

https://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/threads/worcester-over-heat-on-dhw.108291/page-2#post-1054067

Alot of back and forth but ended up being the plate heat exchanger and was solved using the f5/f3 cleaning method.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 25i head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a sound of trickling water through the filter, loud enough to hear quite clearly and is pretty annoying. I wouldn't of thought trapped air would sound...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Boiler and Megalow mistery Hi, Just moved into a house from a flat and I have a couple of queries. We have a Worcester gas fired boiler - Greenstar Ri (in the kitchen on ground floor) and a megaflow (on the first floor) plus a small red tank that I do not know what it does. Heating is set to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running( water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock