Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 18/25 - RESET in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bumblebee

Hi there

I ran out of oil so my boiler went in to lock out.

I now have oil and would love to know how to reset my boiler so that I can have hot water and heating again!

I have pressed the red button but this doesn't seem to work. What I doing wrong?!

Please help!

You have air in your fuel line, you can try and press the burner reset button a maximum of 3 times, no more. You may have blocked your filters, either way if your three presses do not work, you will have to get an engineer in. Where are you?

Oh that's depressing! I'm in Scotland! This happened before and the plumber came to fix it. Was hoping to avoid the bill. Not sure the boiler is very efficient as it burns through oil far quicker than my last house and the rooms aren't as warm. So radiators don't work at all! Would a service sort this? Thank you for responding!!!

You need your boiler serviced & therefore basically all checked over as well, once a year. Should keep you using as little oil as possible & make sure all is safe.
Your oil line & oil pump needs bled of air, but if you touched the wrong screw the whole burner set up will be seriously wrong.

The Greenstar can't be that old? A service is a good way to go if it has not been done for a while. If you have a steel tank, when you ran out of oil, you may have sucked in some debris from the tank. Try not to press the reset button too much as you may burn out the ignition transformer. The air needs to be bled from the line and pump and filters may need cleaning as well. It all depends on how far the tank is away from the boiler. Do you have a hot water cylinder, if so you should be able to get some hot water by using the immersion heater.

It's a rented property so not sure how old the boiler is. The writing on the labels has faded so can't read when it was last serviced or installed. It's a plastic oil tank which is on the otherside of the wall to the boiler. No hot water cylinder so no hot water and the pull cord broke on my electric shower too - having an exceptionally bad week!:(
Can I have a watchman fitted easily? I always forget to check the oil which is why I run out. When I have a watchman it's never a problem.

You should have some paperwork on when it was serviced last, as a rented property the landlord has a duty of care to have the boiler serviced every year.

Depends what is in the tenancy agreement. Some landlords pay for servicing and repairs, some have it written in that tenant is responsible for servicing and landlord for repairs. I always make sure who is paying the bill before I arrive :)

Depends what is in the tenancy agreement. Some landlords pay for servicing and repairs, some have it written in that tenant is responsible for servicing and landlord for repairs. I always make sure who is paying the bill before I arrive :)

You are quite right, well said. I have to say that all the rented properties I have on my books, the landlord pays to have the boiler serviced.

You are quite right, well said. I have to say that all the rented properties I have on my books, the landlord pays to have the boiler serviced.

Yes, the majority I do are the same, but I do about a dozen that the tenant is responsible, but only for servicing. Oh and all tenants are responsible for running out of fuel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 18/25 - RESET in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock