Search the forum,

Discuss ....Worcester ea.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
any ideas

Worcester 34cdi classic newer type

Spot on burn 9.8 and 66ppm
Gas rate 33kw
Elec been changed

Going back Tom to check gas pressure gov

Why it’s still faulting ea

I’m out of ideas

Have you tried cleaning ionisation sensor Shaun?
I would replace them

Replaced they were fecked thought I sorted it as found the cause ran for a good 10 mins in service not a blip

Check the condense trap mate. I had one doing this where the white small bore pipe inside was kinked and not working correctly.

Done already that was shitty don’t think it’s been serviced tbh well not a decent one drive by more like

Touch wood done

Bearning plate was half stuck eg one side

So did the old pencil trick and no fault upto now

So will get a new one and return when I have time

Ta lads

Are they awkward to get to?

TBH very easy hardest part is getting the gas pipe out the bottom of the fan undo off gas valve also

Then undo the wires fan etc

Then two 10mm hex bolts at the top of the fan connecting onto the top burner

Remove fan and there’s your bearning plate left in

Only goes in one way 3 prongs etc

Yep common fault on these. The pencil trick followed by adjusting the fan overrun and fan startup rate stops it from recurring.
It's condensation forming on them normally. Adjusting the fan speed and overrun dries it out after use.

Process is as follows to prevent those nuisance recalls for ya.

Hold the spanner button until display changes (10 seconds) and shows 1a.
Release button. Use the eco button to navigate to "5b".
Press the chimney sweep button once. It will. Now glow orange and display current setting for that parameter (fan overrun).

Change this parameter to "18" (180 second fan overrun) using the "eco" button.

Press and hold chimney sweep button until display shows "[ ]"

Now hold both the "eco" button and the briefcase symbol button simultaneously and hold until displays shows "8A".

Press the "eco" button to navigate to parameter "9d"

Press the chimney sweep button once.
Change the parameter fan (start fan speed) using the eco button until it reads 55.

Press and hold chimney sweep button until display shows "[ ]"

Now press the spanner button once to exit service levels.

Hopefully that's clear and helpful.

Reply to ....Worcester ea.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
I am going back to a Worcester Greenstar 30 CDi Classic that's failing a CO2 emissions test on minimum rate only. I do adjust the gas valve but there is zero effect. I haven't mixed up the "min" and "max" adjustment screws. What could be causing this boiler to fail on minimum only? It's perfect...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic Regular Gas Boiler (Gravity Fed System) new boiler and it was installed by a British Gas engineer recently, as I wanted a Gas Safe certificate with this...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a booming/banging sound randomly. This is a noise like a pocket of gas igniting and can be loud enough to make you jump. It's been impossible for the...
Replies
Views
I'm considering changing our current Conventional/Regular Gas boiler, to a Combi. The main reason for doing this, is so that I can run a more effiecent shower. eg: With a better temparture control, combined with a better flow rate. But in order to get a combi with a good hotwater...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock