Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester danmoor oil boiler heat only. Lock out burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello. my aunty heating has stopped working.
im only in my 2nd year doing a svq3 plumbing and heating.
i went over to have a look if I could fix it.
i firstly checked oil tank is full. I called for heating but boiler didn't fire up.
i opened up boiler case and pressed the burner lockout button. The burner started to fire then lock out. I look at the remote fire valve to see if it had been activated. I think it has been so I pulled and push the button under the remote valve. Pressed the burner again and same thing happend.

the boiler is two years old and was fitted by British Gas and was serviced 6 months ago.

Can someone shine light on this please.

I usually like to pop a pressure gauge on the oil pump, you can check it to see how it's doing in pre ignition

Check the photo cell too

Tough to say really, oil pump is a good place to start investigations though

Fuel at burner is the first port of call. Is it a riello burner?

How did you get on with that one last week?

Hi Simon in the end I replaced the oil pump but the dog couplin did feel if could of been slipping.

Yeah it's a riello burner. Tank full of oil too.

The remote fire valve copper bit wasn't clip in at the top where they normally clipped in. could this be the reason why the burner went to lock out as the remote fire valve would of reached temperature and cut the supply of oil to the burner?

The remote fire valve copper bit wasn't clip in at the top where they normally clipped in. could this be the reason why the burner went to lock out as the remote fire valve would of reached temperature and cut the supply of oil to the burner?

No. The fire valve isn't self resetting. As said before, make sure all your valves are open, check your oil pressures, check your photo cell and then your solenoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester danmoor oil boiler heat only. Lock out burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock