Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i (installed 2011) pressure dropping & PRV overflow leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All
My Boiler is dropping pressure and the hot taps are running lukewarm. Pressure was never great..3 floors up so only ever just over 1 bar. I called out the Gas Safe engineer who usually services the boiler and he said that the flat plate exchanger would most likely be scaled up (London area) and noticed the PRV overflow was leaking when the central heating was on..so the pressure was dropping.
He initial took out the exchanger and I had some phosphoric acid to hand so that got rid of the scale...but he couldn’t get to the PRV to replace it (...he’d just come from replacing a PRV on my GFs 16 year old W B 24i RSF..doddle..and then saw that the Greenstar was a whole dfferent issue...so much stuff to remove in order to get to the simple task of reaching in and replacing the PRV),
So he said “not keen to do this..time and effort will be costly just to replace a 20 quid part”..go check and see if my warranty was still in date...6 months out of date. Darn.
By now he’d put the exchanger back and I’ve got hot water..result. But he seemed unsure about how to access the PRV...he thought he’d have to take out the pump and he wasn’t too sure what the green housing was that is attached to the righthand side of it (bit puzzled by what the green housing actually houses..is it the diverter valve motor??).
Out of interest, I thought it’s a PRV..a simple push fit item...must be an easy way of replacing it...so I googled and youtubed how to replace a PRV on a W B Greenstar 24i but nothing has come up....is it such a difficult job to replace the PRV?
I’m guessing it’ll be scale build up on the PRV internal valve seat...will repeated flicking the lever remove the scale issue?...or is it possible to somehow unscrew the lever section and then clean the internal rubber seal of the PRV without removing the pump etc in order to do this simple task.
Also ended up with a spring circlip from somewhere...looks like when the exchanger was replaced the pipe securer circlip wasn’t replaced....oh dear...pointed it out to the engineer but he said not to worry.
So any info I’d be grateful..
Thanks in advance.

Re: Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i (installed 2011) pressure dropping & PRV overflow l

Afraid not bud the hydraulic assembly has to come out certainly not a 5 minute fix you need to get your gsr engineer back the EV needs attention to you will have to bite the bullet and get the PRV replaced , there is nothing you can do yourself sorry but that's all you can do .

Re: Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i (installed 2011) pressure dropping & PRV overflow l

As above. Get a better gas if your man is puzzled by parts of the boiler that he should know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i (installed 2011) pressure dropping & PRV overflow leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all What kind of time is required to replace the Pressure Relief Valve and the expansion chamber in a 6 year old Worcester Bosch i30 Greenstar? Is this a 3 hour job? Also what kind of price would be reasonable? I am using a new gas engineer and I want to verify that his bill is fair. I am...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I've got a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler and I'm trying to replace the room thermostat which has a faulty display. The faulty thermostat is a DT10RF optimiser which is discontinued so I purchased a Comfort 2 RF which is supposed to be the equivalent replacement. It should be a...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me if the greenstar 24i circulating pump modulates? i have been looking at param 2.1c which references settings 0 to 4, i know the factory default setting is 4 (constant high pressure) which to me implies that it would not modulate on this setting, does it need to be setting 0 to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock