Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch - God has heard me...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Went to the local merchant today and saw the WB mobile showroom outside. Chaps invited me in for a chat to which I said "its alright mate, Im an oily, you wont want to talk to me....." to which he replied, we do, come in...

So I did. 2 fellas, a rep and a trainer. I lamented about their awful oil products - THEY AGREED and said "BEHOLD, we have new stuff on the horizon..."...

So, WB have completely redesigned their gear, apparently they took a bunch of Grant devotees and threw them in a pot with some teckies and voila, new sensibly designed boilers! They have even invited me to an all in booze up and tour at the WB factory in July.

Then I woke up.

Scrub the last bit about waking up, I couldnt resist it....actually its 100% true and I applaud them, about time they applied their superb brand name to something half decent in our market. So, anyone a WB cynic? - find your local rep and ask him about it, should be very interesting.

worcesters are rubbish end of discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Worcesters recent oil efforts are poor, which is a shame as the old danesmore and heatslaves weren't too bad.

had a new customer with a wb greenstar camray with the baffles welded in with sulphur. Previous engineer took 3hrs to get one baffle out. I refused to touch it and told him to get wb out which he did.They took 4 hours to get rest of baffles out and had to cut them out. They promised to replace it with a new boiler which has a two part heat exchanger?
Still wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

I agree with all of the abuse they get, I despise the current and recent stuff but I welcome the chance of seeing new stuff dont you?

Apart from being awkward to repair, they are fantastic boilers when in operation in my opinion. I'm not oil, but I'd imagine there performance would be the same weather oil or gas.

Lets face it, most repairs are a result of lack of servicing. If appliances where as often as advised, then repairs would be a lot rarer.

Im not saying worcester are perfect, but they are up there with my boiler of choice.

If they can sort out the layout issues like they seem to be doing with the oil then I'd say they'd be up there as the best boiler on the market.

Thing is this is a big investment for WB as they only 60'000 oil boilers a year, small compared to their gas market, maybe this will increase their numbers, no doubt the investment is because a lot of eurocrats regs have been relaxed regards the modulating burners etc

The trouble with WB at the minute is that their customer service sucks and is getting worse all the time.

New WB to use a Riello.
I'm off on 24th for the factory visit and jolly, to look at their new range of oilers. I have a 'plus 1' ticket if anyone is interested. If not, I'll report back.

New WB to use a Riello.
I'm off on 24th for the factory visit and jolly, to look at their new range of oilers. I have a 'plus 1' ticket if anyone is interested. If not, I'll report back.
Enjoy pal I have been 4 times already...

I've been missing out, been only the once, but we did go clay pigeon shooting :)

New WB to use a Riello.

would be good for gas, but I don't do oil

my rep said they are working on the gas boilers to make them more accessible, apparently they built the current range in a rush for some reason and now they are ironing out the creases

Had a great day at WB yesterday, nice place. I didnt stay for the shooting, needed to get back. I like the simplicity of the new Danesmoors and even the new (prototype) Heatslave looks good. I might lob one in in a couple of weeks time just to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch - God has heard me...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me ÂŁ3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling suggests means no gas, blocked flue or blocked condensate pipe. There is gas, the flue is clear, and the condensate pipe goes into the under-sink waste...
Replies
Views
having a few issues with my boiler. worcester bosch greenstar 28i. has been serviced every year. last serviced in jan. i moved into this property in feb. been experiencing these issues since feb but in the past month has gotten much worse. so radiators work fine they all heat up. the combi...
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
Hey Folks. I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Mk4 system boiler that is locked out. The boiler was working correctly, then the gas supply was turned off (to service another appliance) but the boiler was not turned off. I assume that the boiler tried to cycle on and off as requested by the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock