Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Flue Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisamyphillip

I have recently moved into a property that had a new oil fired boiler installed approximately 2.5 years ago.

The boiler is in the attached garage and the flue goes through the garage roof, 3.5 inches parallel to the cottage wall. The flue has a 90 degree outlet (termination ?) at the end of the upright section. My issue/concern is that the room adjacent to the flue is suffering from condensation on the walls on the 'other side to the flue'.

The flue height does not exceed the roof tile line and the 90 degree outlet although faces away from the cottage wall, its' final exit is approx 14 inches away from the cottage wall. Obviously facing away.

I think that the flue gases are blowing back towards the cottage wall and the hot/warm gases are hitting the cold cottage walls, condensing and causing the condensation internally.

Thoughts / ideas?

vert flues shouldnt have 90 degree changes of direction on them at the terminal end, in my opinion, the flue should have used 45s from the upright off the boiler to take it away from the wall before exitng vertically. as said call in an oftec technician for an opinion and resolution

No they arnt causing condensation internally they would actually reduce it as it would heat the wall and prevent condensation from forming. It's hot humid air internally rising and meeting with cold walls. That's why it's high and on outside

I completely agree with both above points. LP is right, ideally it should have been done differently but as Ermin says, unlikely to cause your problems as the flue temp at that height could be perhaps only 50 degrees which will run off your brickwork rather than heat it or soak through.
Id be looking at your tiles and or guttering or where the 2 roofs meet.

It depends how high it is, it could be a high level horizontal exit termination. Check the manual for maximum distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Flue Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock