Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester bosch and Nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a new Worcester bosch oil boiler fitted a short while ago and then had a Nest thermostat fitted by a proper electrician and also put the app on my phone.

I'm still a bit mystified how Nest operates.....sometimes it shows pre heating but even when it shows "heating in 1+ hrs" etc, it seems to take ages before it actually fires u p and radiators come on. Why doesn't it fire up as soon as I turn it up.? Are Worcester bosch or oil boilers incompatible with Nest?
I'm thinking about reverting back to normal timed /manual switch! Any advice or info please!

because it optimise the start up

eg slowly bringing the heat on

it will slowly learn your routine and estimate your times etc

you can switch it on manual and get instant heat / boiler fires if you want (but dont forget the boiler will have to heat up its heat store first)

because it optimise the start up

eg slowly bringing the heat on

it will slowly learn your routine and estimate your times etc

you can switch it on manual and get instant heat / boiler fires if you want (but dont forget the boiler will have to heat up its heat store first)

Thanks, but what do you mean "heat up its hear store first".
Tonight I put the stat to 21... it showed "in 2+ hrs" but the boiler hasn't been on, nor the radiators and now the stat is showing "set to 18" but I didn't turn it down. The lounge hasn't heated up at all. !

Boiler has to heat up first

Click the centre go to heating

Turn heating on set temp boiler should fire

That's what I've been doing... At the mo Current temp reading 18, turned it up to 20, boiler hasn't fired up yet. Earlier In evening I'd set it to 21, then as my earlier quote, it said in 2+ hours but nothing all evening. Nothing now either!
Could the boiler have locked out?

No

Have you set the schedule? You can set temp as well

Reply to Worcester bosch and Nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock