Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 35cdi leaking around main heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some advice please. My boiler seems to be leaking from the main heat exchanger. I've posted two photos. The first shows seepage of water from underneath the heat exchanger housing. In the second photo, I've removed the condensate trap and placed a towel to wick away the drips into a container, as the water is coming through and also around the rubber seal that the trap fits onto. I discovered it after the boiler shut down, showing the EA error code. I've turned the isolation valves to shut off the gas supply and the mains water to the boiler. I thought that shutting off the mains water would probably stop the leak but it's been dripping for hours, hence the reason why I placed the towel to direct the water into a container. Am I right in thinking that the heat exchanger is leaking? I'm assuming the leak is from the circulating water, seeing as I turned off the main supply - however, the water pressure gauge isn't showing a drop in pressure. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20190326_211713.jpg
IMG_20190326_211640.jpg

Please stop trying to fix things you don't understand. Put the condensate trap back, put the cover back on boiler and call a registered gas engineer to come and fix your boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 35cdi leaking around main heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock