Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 24i water going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone shed a light as to why a Worcester Bosch 24i junior dhw sets off hot then after about 2 minutes goes cold then heats up but only slightly. Occurs at all taps and shower.

First thing that will affect it is incoming cold water temp, next will be is it going onto max burn on gas, if not it will be an issue with something inside the boiler and you will need a Gas Engineer to have a look,

You need a decent GSR. There's a few factors that can affect this, a proper diagnostic needs to be done. Plate to plate could want cleaning, flow turbine possibly, diverter cartridge, motor, is the boiler showing any fault codes on HW demand? Thermistors been checked? Never had an issue with heating? Heat exchanger needs inspecting also. If you have no problems with heating, I doubt it's a thermistor issue, exchange or gas related issue. Best of luck, hope you get sorted.

Better if we knew which 24i he has got , if the early model these are fairly easy to repair, the greenstar is more complicated.

No it isn’t under warranty, it’s my brother in-laws boiler. Just thought I would try to gleen some info before he gets it repaired. Who should he get for the repair as I’ve read about gas guys just changing parts until they get right part and hit the owner with a massive bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 24i water going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock