1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. superman876

superman876 New Member

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

It is flashing the 'EA' error code, which according to the manual, means no flame is being detected.

I tried resetting the boiler a couple of times but upon doing so, it just makes an extremely loud vibrating/humming noise intermittently, and then turns off and flashes the EA error code again.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Gas safe engineer. Surely still under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Deleted your other thread you only need to post once

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Under warranty min 5 years if you have gas and power time to call Worcester out

5. Mastermixlee

Mastermixlee GSR

Warranty only valid provided has been serviced every year though I imagine, though don't have the Worcester t&c's to hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You can fix yourself if it’s a lack of gas, by which I mean if you have a top up meter and have ran out, or Network has been turned off.
    Anything else gas engineer/Worcester warranty required.

Edit: Check your emergency control valve - been to 2 recently where they had been accidentally knocked off.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  7. Stu-B

Stu-B Active Member

bet it’s not been serviced

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As above. Sounds like it needs a good service.