Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler 24i junior problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rich398

Hi,
I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i junior. This morning the boiler was making strange noises and has since failed to work. Due to the cold weather I have tried to warm up the outside condenser pipe (just incase of it becoming frozen) but this has not worked and was not frozen. The fault light flashes so does the blue indicator light, the indicator light about once every 1-2 seconds.
Can anyone help??

Thanks

your boiler has gon into lockout, if the blue light flashes once per second.
this is due to overheat protection, or low water pressure.
what preasure is the dial reading?.

turn of the boiler, switch back on, press the reset button.
turn of heating, let the boiler go through its cycle.
now run a hot tap, what happens?.

no luck matey. its gone back to the buttons flashing. now not even getting hot water. tried re-doing what you said ealier but still goes to re-set.
Do you have any more ideas?
Thanks for your help so far

is the pump and fan running at all when you try and fire it up?.
top up the water to 1.5bar.
now try again.
if nothing its proberbly pressure or low water switch on open circuit.
assuming the condensate drain is clear as you say.

I've put it up to 1.5 bar.
When it does fire up the ignition light comes on then goes off after a while but in firing up there is a gurgle sound coming from the exhaust area. Sounds like water (??) and the boiler makes banging noises, then goes back to reset mode

you need to call out a gas reg engineer as it is not diy repairable.
unless it will joggle into operation.

Are you sure the condensate hasn't frozen? With this weather its becoming very common lately.

100% frozen condense.

All worcesters "gurgle" when condense is frozen. Kettle of hot water over any external part of condense pipe then finally get some very hot water down centre part of flue, careful not to get any into the outer part of the flue,

My 24i has just gone offline after the radiators were bled while CH online (don't ask).

We've had squeeky noises and now no hot water and no CH.

Main light is solid blue, no green flame light and bar is at the very bottom.

I'm assuming this might be a water pressure problem - how do you top up the water?

Any other ideas?

Ta

I'm looking at one tomorrow that is not doing anything,
Custard said he has been losing presure for a few weeks mow and just yesterday it stopped working altogether.
My first time on this boiler:eek:
And this forum;)

Rich398, I would suggest your condense is frozen for certain mate. The juniors make a lot of noise like you desrcibe when they are frozen.

hi It's not my post but since i first posted on it re: worc. 24i- it is sorted it ws the LP switch gunked up, cleaned and re-fitted;)

Try cleaning out the condense siphon (read the manual) if you have one if not Google one.
Martin

hi It's not my post but since i first posted on it re: worc. 24i- it is sorted it ws the LP switch gunked up, cleaned and re-fitted;)

What is the LP switch and where is it please? My boiler is not doing CH or HW and the fault reset flashes. The blue light flashes on every 1 second. I've emptied the condense syphon. The CH pressure is 1.5 bar.

Please can anyone offer any further advice.

Cheers

I guess the LP switch is a "low pressure" switch, not sure where it is located on your boiler, on the new Vaillant boilers they are subject to getting blocked with sediment and causes the boiler to lock out even when the pressure is correct.
Hope this helps, Martin

What is the LP switch and where is it please? My boiler is not doing CH or HW and the fault reset flashes. The blue light flashes on every 1 second. I've emptied the condense syphon. The CH pressure is 1.5 bar.

Please can anyone offer any further advice.

Cheers
The LP stands for low pressure switch and on this boiler it can get blocked with ****, get it cleaned out and it should be fine.
ps. it won't read correct pressure if the switch is faulty.

You must refill you con densate syphon prior to use to ensure poc dont escape into your home, another reason not to mess with boilers if you dont know what your doing

r u sure condensate is not blocked sounds like boilers flooding, firing in dhw but not ch check diverter valve ????

hello, the OP is describing the exact same fault & issue that my Greenstar 24i seems to have.

Just to complicate matters, we have one of our radiators disconnected at the moment (having some building work) and since the issues started this morning (flashing blue light, gurgling noises like running water inside the boiler, water being emitted from the boiler and lukewarm water / no heating) the sealed valve has started to leak everywhere :( A friend is coming round on Thursday (!) to help me put the radiator back on the wall and get it reconnected, so I can fill the system again (resting a 1.5bar, but goes to zero when hot water tap turned on) - is it worth me trying to get a plumber before then, or should I wait until the possible secondary issue is sorted first ??

Its very icy where we are - minus 8 this morning. I had a hot shower probably for around 10 mins, but water was lukewarm when my boyfriend showered a few hours later. Presume the condensate thingy has frozen as per previous advice :( The boiler is not flashing reset button anymore.

(this is my only my second post :) )

hello, the OP is describing the exact same fault & issue that my Greenstar 24i seems to have.

Just to complicate matters, we have one of our radiators disconnected at the moment (having some building work) and since the issues started this morning (flashing blue light, gurgling noises like running water inside the boiler, water being emitted from the boiler and lukewarm water / no heating) the sealed valve has started to leak everywhere :( A friend is coming round on Thursday (!) to help me put the radiator back on the wall and get it reconnected, so I can fill the system again (resting a 1.5bar, but goes to zero when hot water tap turned on) - is it worth me trying to get a plumber before then, or should I wait until the possible secondary issue is sorted first ??

Its very icy where we are - minus 8 this morning. I had a hot shower probably for around 10 mins, but water was lukewarm when my boyfriend showered a few hours later. Presume the condensate thingy has frozen as per previous advice :( The boiler is not flashing reset button anymore.

(this is my only my second post :) )

I think you need to get someone in to look at it, it could be a few things.

Eco

Dont forget aswell that after youve thawed the condense that you might still need to dry off the condense overflow sensors in the trap.

crikey it's like a foreign language. A friend called me when he heard the issue to say he also has similar issues when its cold and persuaded me to pour hot water on the plastic pipe that goes into the drain - magic - 5" of ice came out. So far so good. But my system is empty and I know I need to use the plastic key, but I've not managed to get the waterflowing ... forgive the terrible description ... I've pushed the plastic key into the black 'tube' thingy,next to the tube thingy with the white plastic 'nut' on the end. I've been quite firm as I've turned clockwise - it seems fairly well attached (is this good LOL ? ) but still no water coming into system. Seems I should be hand turning the nut did I read it right ? nut seems pretty tight. Maybe I need to keep turning the key thingy - feels like it is meeting reistance then 'slipping' ... can't get my stupid boyfriend to answer his phone (he knows how to get water in the system). Any ideas ?

oh - along with the ice, lots of water came out too - is that what you mean by drying off the overflow sensors ??

oh - along with the ice, lots of water came out too - is that what you mean by drying off the overflow sensors ??

No sorry lol!, its not somthing that you as a diyer can do really, you might not need to do it anyway.

wow wow wow wow... got water coming into boiler ... woohooo !!! (was being too feeble when trying to turn the nut !)

Thanks guys - sounds like I might have heating and hot water in 10 mins :)

wow wow wow wow... got water coming into boiler ... woohooo !!! (was being too feeble when trying to turn the nut !)

Thanks guys - sounds like I might have heating and hot water in 10 mins :)

dump the BF you've got us now! LOL

dump the BF you've got us now! LOL

LOL - you have been a lot more use ...chocolate fireguard comes to mind with regard to bf LOL

Thank you everyone, my system is now full and working again - still got my leaky pipe, but that will be sorted on Thurday. Can't thank you all enough xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler 24i junior problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock