Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester B 30i 25i Ng Filling arrangements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
Any practical experience of problems with these filling units/keys leaking . And as the bottom cover needs removing I presume one must be GSR
to do this.... All replies gratefully recieved....Rob Foster aka centralheatking

If you’re talking about the slot on plastic cover on the base of these boilers to expose the key “hole” then no you don’t need to be GS. The key design is carp however and often leak

ok so the bottom bit is not classified as 'taking the cover off a gas appliance ' because the products of combustion are not contained in this area of the boiler, but the plastic key thing is rubbish ..as I thought
regards Rob

Worcester now sell a keyless filling loop which is much better. It's just a lever with two check valves built in. Fits in place of the crappy keyed version.

Will fit any place that has the key with the white knob

So brand new 25 & 30 ng WB models are ok and have none of the previous problems ...associated with the silly key
thing ? thanks for anymore input Rob Foster

it's an improvement on the keyed filling loop. It's easy to top up systems but a pain when filling from empty. The lever springs back to the closed position, so you end up locking it open with a screwdriver! I still prefer an external loop.

I know what your saying. I think they got it approval based on it having a check valve on both the cold and return side. The lever spring closes so it cannot be left in the open position.

that contravenes water regulations but hey vaillant do it as well as the rest of the country

So how does your unit comply if not check valves ?

So wras G24.1 G24.2 and wras
B54 are redundant , thats ok as long as everbody is singing off the same hymm sheet
Rob Foster

Reply to Worcester B 30i 25i Ng Filling arrangements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock