Search the forum,

Discuss worcester 38cdi come giving EA fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasmk1

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
called this morning had aquick look change electrodes as ionisation probe was quite burnt away, but went off again later calling back anything i should look for thats obvious ( customer has not had it serviced regulatrly so the warranty is void even though it had 6 years)

Distance right ? Did it fire etc ?

i changed the electrodes for a new set the updated version as i carry a set with me usually, also checked and cleaned condensate trap. yes it fired ok checked it fired for heating and hot water but appparently when the homeowners son had a shower later on it went off again. will carry out more tests when i go back. just wondered if there is anything obvious

Bearing plate sticking?
Had a few do this recently

Without any more info / tests no

Did it fault before you changed the probes ?

IMG_2982.jpg

The fault was why I visited the job boilers been in about 4 years only had one service. Gas supply is ok like I said I will be going back to carry out those checks just wondered if there was anything obvious that I might miss. Seeing as how EA is such a vague fault

Thanks forgot about bearing plate this should give me iffy C O readings if it is sticking, I will pick one up just in case

The Ines I have had are working fine but sometimes it sticks and fails to light
I believe you need new gaskets if opening it up

Dont think this should be being discussed on the open forum guys can Dan Or Luo move it to to the registerd forum cheers kop

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 38cdi come giving EA fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock