Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30si - electrical problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dutchie79

Gas Engineer
Hey guys

Me mucho confusamondo

New install May 18 - in old oil boiler location - spur unit in kitchen that was beside time clock kept - new spur unit fitted out beside boiler - all by spark

Get call out 1 week later - no power to boiler - no power to spur beside boiler - opens face and power on supply and on load - but also power on neutral - changed spur unit - all good! Must be dodgy spur - right?

Call out yesterday - same thing - strange - no spur and a spur in house - so used strip connector to get it going - and went to shop and bought spur. Came back 1 hour later and no power again and neutral live.

Turned boiler off and waiting on electrician.

Question is can a pcb fault throw the live down the neutral intermittently - spark is gonna come and charge me for changing spur inside and spur outside and checking wiring to board - no issue with that - but I feel it may be the boiler pranking me !!!!

Anyone any experience of such ?

Many thanks in advance

Get the spark back who fitted the first spur

L - n 240
L-e 240

If you don’t get 240 from live to neutral but you do on live to earth you’ve lost your neutral eg broken / loose connection

Reply to Worcester 30si - electrical problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock