Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28i rsf Overheating switching itself off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
problems with combi, heating control thermostat doesn’t seem to click off when you turn the knob to min after it’s been on for 10mins? Also the customer says the boiler switches off after 20mins but the high limit hasn’t been activated?
Hot water is fine just the heating overheating and switching it’s self off?
I’m a new gas engineer so be kind please.

I’m a new gas engineer so be kind please.
I know how you feel :( so much to learn.

When the customer says the boiler switches off after 20 mins, do they mean the boiler locks out or just the burner only runs for 20 mins then fires back up again after a few minutes?

What's the flow temp getting too

Is the pump the original?

Standard grundfos pump runs ok.customer says the boiler cuts out so they then need to turn it own manual with the programmer. But the high limit button hasn't been activated. But I noticed the front control thermostat dial doesn't respond with moving it to minimum to maximum?

The flow temperature I can just keep my hand on it and no more. I never checked the temperture but the radiators where heating up good.

I figured it out expansion vessel Damned and losing pressure and gauge is clogged up. I think it's been running with low pressure and cutting out? Firstly I'll fix a new guage and expansion vessel and see how thing perform.

Reply to Worcester 28i rsf Overheating switching itself off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi all, My boiler is a Worcester 28i Junior and the fan switches itself on for no reason. The timer will be off and the hating may have been off for several hours but it does this intermittently throughout the day and night. We have noticed that our electricity bills are higher than normal and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running( water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, The Nest E has been installed and working fine for 2 years now. I have a worcester 32CDI Combi about 5 years old. The last day or so, the boiler hasn't been firing up on schedule, so i have investigated and this is what happens; When I click the thermostat up to 19deg's or when it...
Replies
Views
Hi, My combi-boiler has just given up heating the house and basically only delivers hot water. While in central heating mode it heats up and stops to prevent overheating of the internal section of system. No fault or error code are displayed. Suspicion: 3-way changeover valve assy. So I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock