Search the forum,

Discuss worcester 28i junior, dhw wont work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dean.

hi Worcester 28i junior dhw wont work, the ch works fine then when i turn hot tap it turns over to dhw mode it locks out. I was thinking the flow switch, does anyone know the way of checking this.

remove 3 pin plug test between 2 outside wires you should get
around 5 volt dc, reconnect plug test between green and black you should get between 1.5 to 3.5 volts if you do flow switch ok, try thermistor then PCB

hold the eco buttom in so it lights up and try again then please post outcome! sometimes the pre-heat sensor go faulty! and the 28juniors use a flow turbine! these can be removed and checked by a competent engineer! what flashing sequence are you getting?

if the boiler changes from ch over to dhw mode during heating does this mean the flow switch is working?

only if your turning the tap on, but yea that indicates that its sensing the flow!

thanks for that info, ill check again tomorrow. i cant remember the lock out flash seq. ill cleaned flow sensor today and put back but nothing happened.

sounds like flow sensor is ok tbh, quickly turn off the pre-heat if that solves it then i would say pre heat sensor! if this doesnt do anything same as above try thermistor then board! but ill be honest i have only ever changed one board on these!

i had one of these this week could not get a spark , I tried everything had pump and fan running but ended up checking everything and changed board that sorted the problem out around ÂŁ123

was it working fine in ch mode, this one is, then when i open hot tap, boiler senses flow changes over to dhw mode but wont fire.

no I had nothing working bar fan, pump , if the CH is working that proves everything is ok so fault has to be sensor, turbine or board I have had this before but not that common, someone mentioned pre heat which i dont know about.good luck

have been out to 28i this week no hot water but had heating, heating was on all the time hence rads were warm, but when it tried to go to hot water and then to full rate it would'nt work, finally changed DHW thermistor, still nothing about to change board nd thought would gas rate first, finally dug out cupboard with meter to find....................... ecv was practically closed, custard had jammed so many things in it finally pushed ecv lever more amd more to closed position, opened fully everything working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 28i junior, dhw wont work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset? If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler...
Replies
Views
G
Morning Guys, I have a Worcester 230 Combi in a rental property that is going to overheat lockout after a couple of minutes on DHW, no issue when on CH but if DHW is called for when heating is on same fault occurs. System is clean as always had inhibitor so unlikely to be a blocked heat...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, My boiler is a Worcester 28i Junior and the fan switches itself on for no reason. The timer will be off and the hating may have been off for several hours but it does this intermittently throughout the day and night. We have noticed that our electricity bills are higher than normal and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock