Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28i junior boiler -loss of water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarah

Hey, I have a boiler that's a Worcester 28i junior combi boiler, installed less than a year ago that has stopped working less than an hour ago.
My dad bled out one of the radiators today since the water rpessure was too high, and it seemed fine for a while, but he didn't realise that he had to adjust it very soon afterwards to stop the water pressure dropping further.
As a result, the water pressure has dropped to 1 bar and the whole thing has stopped working completely. He called our plumber who is coming tomorrow, but it turns out he failed to give my dad a 'key' or flexible tube he needs to repressurise it .. and he's tearing his hair out trying to get it working again!
Can anybody tell me exactly how to fix this please?? Nothing I have found on the internet seems to help and I'm getting worried about my dads mental state lol as he is very protective of this boiler. :eek:

If you have not got the key or the flexible connection then you will have to wait. It sounds like
nothing is broken. When the plumber returns the part keep it and get him to show your father the re-pressurization sequence. Its very easy and takes little time. It is something you should know as combis can loose pressure over time.

centralheatking

im rather pleased others are having pressure problems. i have this same boiler and am totally clueless - even afetr having read all the instruction manuals. worcester are sending me a new key but i cant work out where i will have to insert the key!! help!!

that's why your better off with the traditional filling loop instead

i dont know what a filling loop is :s
thanks for the video... very helpful!!!

Hey, I have a boiler that's a Worcester 28i junior combi boiler, installed less than a year ago that has stopped working less than an hour ago.
My dad bled out one of the radiators today since the water rpessure was too high, and it seemed fine for a while, but he didn't realise that he had to adjust it very soon afterwards to stop the water pressure dropping further.
As a result, the water pressure has dropped to 1 bar and the whole thing has stopped working completely. He called our plumber who is coming tomorrow, but it turns out he failed to give my dad a 'key' or flexible tube he needs to repressurise it .. and he's tearing his hair out trying to get it working again!
Can anybody tell me exactly how to fix this please?? Nothing I have found on the internet seems to help and I'm getting worried about my dads mental state lol as he is very protective of this boiler. :eek:

Should still be ok with a bar wen cold?

Hi, I've got a Worcester Greenstar 28i junior with the same pressure problems but I don't have a filling loop or a key. Also the boiler doesn't have a slot for a key or the white knob that is shown next to the key. I can't see anything that even resembles anything on the internet in regards to recharging the boiler. Has any one got any suggestions?

The Key is an optional extra there has to be one or the other but for water regs the loop is often removed but should still be there

The key you require is located in it's fixing on the tray underneath your boiler. just grasp the pull grip underneath (you'll feel it ) and draw the tray forward, the tray will come out in your hand. Refer to your manual the installer will have left

I am amazed that you know that the plumber that fitted the boiler ordered the filling loop kit

one boiler i fitted couple of years back the filling loop was under the kitchen sink about 1m away from the boiler, so when I installed the new boiler(28i junior) just kept the old filling loop, the 28i junior doesn't come with the internal filling loop you have to buy it seperately, I fitted one last week on contract and told the guy about 4 times to get me a filling loop but he was 100% sure and swore by it that it came with the filling loop kit, costing me time on the job going to get it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i junior boiler -loss of water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock