Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 24si ll problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and gals, had a call from my brother today regarding a 24si ll boiler. Boiler not working, red light flashing rapidly. I went to have a look at it for him.
I am not a breakdown engineer but know my way around a boiler fairly well.
When switched on the boiler initially starts its actions, the pump fired up and the fan starts for a second then shuts down. The boiler then starts flashing again. Initially it flashed 4 times a second, until reset, where it began flashing once a second. These was 240v going to fan when it cocked in and fan spinning freely. The pump was spinning without a problem. I made a call to Worcester technical who through process of ilimination suggested a p.c.b board failure.
I did a little research on this boiler and found as lot of comments saying that it was one of Worcester worst products, with failed p.c.b being commonplace.
Has anyone else out the had the same issues with this boiler? I somehow have doubts in my mind as to the diagnosis. Would probably feel a lot better knowing the same symptoms have previously been p.c.b related.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly you shouldn't be taking the cover off the boiler without any sort of qualification as this is illegal. From looking at your previous posts I am guessing that you are in fact Gas Safe. If this is the case then follow this http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/g...ic-forum/82396-entry-into-gsr-only-forum.html and do it properly we will not discuss any sort of gas repairs on open forum please read the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 24si ll problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock