Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 24i junior non condensing breakdown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called to a breakdown. Basically boiler locksout and flashes 4 times a second.
Fans working getting 240, pumps getting 240, working but not really strong.
Boiler lights and runs for a minute or so then I noticed the fan cuts out and burner flames come from under burner. Flues clear and cleaned fins on hex. Almost certain it's a PCB fault. Has anyone come across the flames coming from under burner and locking out?

5mb but on low fire and before it gets a chance to ramp upto high flame fan cuts out and flames discharge from under burner into chamber. Looked into it abit more and it seems the PCB isn't letting the fan ramp upto high speed causing it to cut out. New PCB I've got to fit tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.

Reply to Worcester 24i junior non condensing breakdown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with an ageing worcester 24i junior. It seems to run fine but often trips RCD just after using HW. I couldn't find an issue but checked and cleaned all contacts and checked terminations in socket and plug (it is a caravan if that makes a plug ok IDK?) It's definitely...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 34cdi boiler and it has started making a droning noise when it comes up to temperature or cycles. The sequence appears to be: -Fan speeds up (purging?) -Sparks, then lights (flame icon showing on display) -Fan slows down -Droning noise (like Jaws is coming, Daa-Daa...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock