Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 240 cold radiators downstairs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brokenboiler

I just had all the pipes changed downstairs in my house from microbore back to 15mm. I've also had two new radiators fitted while he was at it.

Some of the central heaing is working upstairs but it's very cold downstairs. The boiler only seems to fire up for about 30 seconds and then shuts off again as if it's saying it's at temperature.

The outlet pipes red hot but th return pipes quite cold and this is the same at the bottom of the main feed pipes downstairs. Some of the radiators downstairs are starting to get a bit luke warm but no where near as hot as they should be.

I was told initially that the pipes were blocked because the return pipes were cold and it wasn't flowing properly so the boiler was backing up?

Could this just be a case of there's still sludge in the system or is trying to run 10 radiators to ambitious for this boiler. It had a brand new pump fitted on saturday as well?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi

Have you spoken to the installer yet?, if it was me I'd be round straight away if someone had no heating. Has it ever worked properly since he changed the pump, are both pump valves open and rads bled?

I take it its not a combi boiler, did he balance the system?

It is a combi boiler. I'll be ringing the plumber tomorrow to give him good news. The downstairs ones have always been cold since we moved in the other year. They might've have got slightly warm but never as hot as the should've been.

He also put some more addative in the system to try to break it up a bit more but how long does that take?

He did shut off the upstairs radiators to try to force it downstairs but i was at work and he spoke to the missus.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mate. plumber should have ran the heating before he left .vented rads. checked all valves,pumps etc along with a bit of system balancing.chances are boiler went off on high limit stat because of a circulation issue with the heating circuit.:confused:my brains a sponge:confused:

I've finally had it fixed :D

It was the diverter valve. When we took it of it was blocked solid on the CH oultlet pipe, so the water was just backing up :(

Now it's to warm in the house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 240 cold radiators downstairs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock