Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 15Ri intermittent fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

billski

Gas Engineer
Has any one got any ideas??
Greenstar 15Ri gas boiler. Works fine sometimes with out fault, but every now and again it just stops like it has no power. Blue light goes out and nothing happens, still have 240votls on the board. Light comes on, fan tries to run then light out and nothing, yet still have 240 volts.
New external timer has been fitted, new 3 port valve fitted, new PCB board and the black transformer box on the board fitted. Still has the same fault.
Checked all teminals and connections. Wiring all checked by an electrician and all seems fine. Worcester tell me if there is no blue light then there is no power to it, yet there is. They have suggested I do everything that I have but have no other ideas??

You checked the fused spur / switch isn't fecked ?

You checked the fused spur / switch isn't fecked ?
I haven't but believe the electrician has. The external pump doesn't stop running though and the timer doesn't go out. All connected to the spur. The spur does look quite old though.. I still get a constant reading of 240volts though at the boiler.

Very strange

Check your neutral to boiler, had similar a few weeks ago and found a nearly chewed through neutral (mice) giving an intermittent connection
Had 240v on live to boiler, but still wouldn't work without neutral

Just incase any one is interested. Finally managed figure out what was wrong with this boiler. Not only was the old pcb faulty but the new one I put is was also faulty! Bought another pcb and it's working perfectly. What a head ache that was trying figure it out.

Just incase any one is interested. Finally managed figure out what was wrong with this boiler. Not only was the old pcb faulty but the new one I put is was also faulty! Bought another pcb and it's working perfectly. What a head ache that was trying figure it out.

Just curious Billski as I've fitted a few of these, how old was the boiler and had it been looked after?

Yeah I got them to swap it as I use the same merchants all the time, so they're pretty good at taking stuff back. I learnt to buy things locally a long time ago when I fitted a PCB on a Glow Worm heat only boiler. The original PCB was blowing the fuse with a bang! Replaced the board, which was bloody expensive! 2 weeks later new board doing exactly the same thing.. Replaced it with another board and it was fine. That was 4 years ago and it's still working as it should. The supplier I was using then did huff a puff about swapping it and did try to fob me off with telling me I'd have to wait for a refund once Glow Worm had tested it. My contract was with the merchants not Glow Worm, so they should swap it straight away as it's not my problem.

Reply to Worcester 15Ri intermittent fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock