Search the forum,

Discuss With what and how do i insulate the inside of my oil fired boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Desi

I have a warmflow boiler with a Riello burner. All working OK. What i would like to know is what can i use to insulate the inside of the boiler ( bottom and top ). The insulation that is in there is well done and half of this that is at the top is gone.
Many Thanks
Des.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You could give Warmflow a ring and they should be able to sort you out (via a local stockist if needs be).

Just get the part no.s and by them at a merchants. Gd chance you would have to wait as I don't imagine many local places stocking that kind of thing

i would use cerafelt......try a local insulation provider such as sheffield insulations etc.....

You don't replace the base & lid insulation with the same rubbish that Warmflow used. The fibreglass type stuff that came on them new, lets the deposits from combustion mix with it in base & using a cleaner on boiler, it will tend to suck some of insulation. Lid would fall apart easily also.
Use, as Keltoyboy says, Ceraboard which some plumbing merchants keep. It comes in various thickness, but use 13mm for lid & at least that for base, or use double on base. Make sure base is nice tight fit.

Cheers for that mate, was not to sure what to use.
Thanks again,
Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to With what and how do i insulate the inside of my oil fired boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock