Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring from 3rd Gen nest heat link to greenstar heatslave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a worcester greenstar heatslave ii 25/32 external oil combi boiler and i am wanting to connect a nest 3rd generation and be able to control the hot water and also the central heating on the Y plan. It all looks very simple but on youtube Videos, it shows something different mainly because they are not wiring to a worcester greenstar heatslave external boiler. I have hard wired from the Combi and ran the cable to the living room to the place that i will place the Heat link and will use the WIFI control thermostat. What i need to achieve is to have control of the hot water, So if i want to switch of the hot water via the app, then i can since its only used a couple of times a day and pointless running hot water during the summer if its not needed. The heating engineer fitted a Salus BM which is not what we wanted so i have bought the Nest. So basically i need to know what colour wire goes where (5 Core) on the heat link and what colour wires go where on the Combi.
I fully understand that the hot water will be on when the CH comes on since it will bypass the HW timer, But on my old boiler, I had a Y Plan on a old grandee and i was able to put timers on each side, the CH and the HW , So during the summer i had the HW on timers and during the winter, If the CH came on, it would over ride the HW and heat the house up even though the HW was not on the timer. Any help would be great

Reply to Wiring from 3rd Gen nest heat link to greenstar heatslave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock