Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Wiring a salus t105rf to older Worcester ?? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi guys. Any advice on fitting the above stat to an older Worcester green star HE? The boiler is existing so already has it’s live neutral earth but the old room stat has been disconnected due to the house being required. Any help would be great thanks.

2. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

Which greenstar? You ok with electrics and safe isolation? I’m not 100% with why the Salus states 5a fuse rating?
    Usually 5 core cable, taking a live and neutral from the boiler or spur to feed receiver, remove the earth cable as not required, the other 2 cables will be live supply (ls) and live return (lr). Neutral will not be required for a wireless stat.

3. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

It’s the older R25 green star HE COMBI. I’m fine doing it but the instructions with the Salus are terrible. Also I didn’t see anything about a 5a fuse?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Com eg live from boiler

No eg call

5. CBW1982

Wiring same as what I’ve quoted, however I’ve been onto Salus website for the following:

07FA0A14-9400-4A12-9CC9-DA6551FC5955.jpeg

6. ShaunCorbs

Max rating running rating is 3 amp

7. CBW1982

So why does it quote the 5a for wireless?

8. EvilDrPorkChop

EvilDrPorkChop GSR

Is it the Greenstar HE with the computer/digital timer on the front or just the normal model?

If it's the latter as others have said there should just be a LS and LR, then neutral. LS, common, LR NO receiver.

The 5A is the switching load of the relay, not the load required for the receiver.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ShaunCorbs

Different relay prob bigger cap to save any spikes

• Like Like x 1
  10. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

It is just the normal model.
    So I just need to run a seperate 3 core to the receiver. LS, LR and neutral?

11. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

It’s the receiver that I’m wiring up?

12. CBW1982

So you need power to the receiver (live and neutral), a permanent live and live return (switch) not sure you need a neutral for the receiver.

13. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

It says in the salus instructions it needs a 4 core going to the receiver? SL off. Live. SL on and a neutral

14. CBW1982

Unless I have the wrong information, then it shows a live, neutral, common and normally open, which on your boiler setup is: live and neutral from your boiler terminals inside on the pcb. Your other 2 wires go to Ls and Lr on boiler pcb and com and No at receiver.

Edit:

34FF0121-425D-47DA-9E3F-2629BCF9DD53.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  15. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

That isn’t the info I have for it. I can’t seen to upload the picture.