Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uk-Pedro

Hi,

I'm after a digital thermostat and would like to know if anyone could recommend one. This is the first time I'll be doing anything to my central heating... I'll be retro fitting it to my existing boiler if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Pedro

It all depends on what you want!

Which boiler do you have - it may affect the choice of thermostat?

Ahh right. I've a Glow Worm compact 100p.

I've been looking at the Honeywell (as suggested) wireless range and thought a CM957 would be nice but am not sure my boiler accepts OpenTherm standard - probably not as it's not that new. Otherwise I'd go for a CM927. Are these any good or are they incompatible with my boiler?

I like the option of adding more room thermostats and linking them to the radiator valves, although this is probably a bit ambitious at the moment.

I also like the "Optimum Start" feature - I just hope it's not a gimmick. What do the more experianced members think of it?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers,
Pedro

Ahh right. I've a Glow Worm compact 100p.

I've been looking at the Honeywell (as suggested) wireless range and thought a CM957 would be nice but am not sure my boiler accepts OpenTherm standard - probably not as it's not that new. Otherwise I'd go for a CM927. Are these any good or are they incompatible with my boiler?
Youyr boilker is not OPentherm compatible, so go for the CM927

I like the option of adding more room thermostats and linking them to the radiator valves, although this is probably a bit ambitious at the moment.
That's CM Zone! Tghe CM wirelss stats do not have any info about zoning.

I also like the "Optimum Start" feature - I just hope it's not a gimmick. What do the more experianced members think of it?
I have been using a 927 since it was announced and always had the optimizer on. The house is always up to temperature when we get up at 0630 (the time set on the programmer).

I have been trying to find a way of checking if it actually does vary the turn on time according to the temperature.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers,
Pedro[/quote]

Youyr boilker is not OPentherm compatible, so go for the CM927

Thanks for your help doitmyself - I've just ordered a CM927.

That's CM Zone! Tghe CM wirelss stats do not have any info about zoning.

Wireless radiator zones
CM920 can even control wireless radiator
thermostats. Make your house operate as you
want to live, don’t just accept what was
chosen several years ago.
Generally, the zones that can be controlled
within the home are determined by the layout
of the pipework that was fitted some years
previously. But now, CM920 programmable
room thermostats can also control Honeywell
HR80 wireless radiator thermostats, creating
zones, even within the restrictions of the
pipework. In effect, each radiator thermostat
becomes the control valve for a zone and
forms part of a Multi Point Boiler Interlock.
Zones can be added, moved or changed
easily, without needing to alter the pipework.

Cheers,
Pedro

Thanks for the info about "zoning" using TRVs. I was thinking about the type of zoning where a zone consists of a number of rads, e.g first floor, which is controlled by a separate programmable thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock