Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless Boiler Controls - Are ESi any good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My daughter has recently moved into her first house which has a Worcester Greenstar 25Si Combi. It has an ESi ESRTP4RF Wireless Programmer/Thermostat fitted, but the wireless connection keeps dropping out.

Does anyone rate these units?

There seem to be plenty of DT20RF/LP20RF units up on ebay. Should I go for one of these instead or do people recommend something else?

try moving the prog closer to the reciever see if it still happens

ESi customer service are excellent I’d give them a call. Could just be a faulty unit

Not with thermostats as I’ve never had a problem with them but they were excellent replacing a faulty valve

Have you thought of getting the hive installed, sometimes they come with cracking deals with installation included

Yes, I've been looking at Hive as an option, but they have also have a new baby so they're a bit skint at the moment, and splashing out on boiler controls is not really their top priority, hence why I was looking on ebay for a cheap and simple alternative solution (DT20RF).

A hive single channel receiver, Programmer/thermostat and hive hub could be the wierdest christmas present they've ever had though!

Yup. Twice. I've read various posts about wireless units dropping out due to interference, but I've no idea how I would rule that in/out.

I fit Siemens and Honeywell, both recommend Alkaline batteries for signal strength, are you using them or cheap zinc ones? Had so many customers using zinc batteries. :(

My experience of ESI units is that they are robust and of a good quality. Their technical support team are (in my experience) very responsive.

The symptoms you describe are that of an incorrectly bound unit. Sometimes units have been reused and paired without the previous bindings having been properly cleared.

Clear the bindings, reset the units and rebind.

Yes. And because it looks like I could get one cheap on ebay! Is this a poor choice? I don't want to spend a lot of money only to find out we're no better off.
You will need a gas safe engineer still to fit it as you’ll need the old one unwiring and the case will need to come off the boiler

Is there any way of changing the frequency it operates on? I don't know the exact one you have but on a lot of them you can alter it by pulling some of the jumpers out and repairing, that might be worth a try if you can.

Reply to Wireless Boiler Controls - Are ESi any good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock