Search the forum,

Discuss Wire two physical circulation pumps into same circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Sorry if the title is missleading.

I have two heating circulation pumps, one for the downstairs and one for upstairs. Each has its own room thermostat and they are supposed to work independently but the don't as we only have a single zone controller!

Anyway... we are moving over to a dual zone Drayton Wiser ( existing controller is drayton ) system to control heating and hot water and nearly all rooms will have a smart TRV with others having a std rad valve such as DS toilet etc. The room stats are being removed and there is no need for the two floor zones.

Rather than removing a pump and having to have quite a bit of pipework done i was wondering if i can simply have both pumps wired into the same connection so they operate together at the same time as if it was one pump i.e. both floors circulate together. The TRV's will then control which Rads are on or not.

Would that work, is it OK to do?

Thanks in advance.

Yes but you have to watch your demand amps might be worth wiring through a relay

Reply to Wire two physical circulation pumps into same circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock