Search the forum,

Discuss Winter vs batteries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

Do you all take your power tool batteries in from the van of an evening to prevent them getting damaged by the cold if indeed that is possible?

Thanks in advance

Just reminded me.
I normally have a bag of batteries and take them in.

I dont know with Lion but i do know they are too expensive to risk

My van goes in the garage every night so never really gets cold. I've never had to de Ice the van in the 8.5 years I've been plumbing.

Take batteries inside of course, you shouldn't be leaving powertools in overnight anyway.

Heat is more a concern but in the cold (below zero) charging and heavy discharge/use is not a good idea as it can cause damage to part of the batterys electrodes i believe (some plating over of parts i think).

most lion batterys for powertools will not allow use/charging below zero or above 45 to protect the cells so its best to store in the house in the winter and store in a warm place while at work. in the summer the oposit may be true, keep them out of sheds, vans if very, very warm.

nope, takes me long enough to climb 30 plus steps to my front door :)

I just leave in van. Used to park van in garage but it's now completely full of stuff, so I just park in drive way

Dont mention plebs.
There'll be hell on just look what hapened to that poor poor politician :D

Only the analyser comes in the house. Only have my combi drill and impact driver in the van. Used to have an issue with my dewalt gear on extended use, the batteries used to overheat and then I couldnt charge them till they cooled down. No issues with the Milwaukee gear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Winter vs batteries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock