Search the forum,

Discuss Will this core drill be expensive to fix? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm...you bought cheap and you paid the price, Ouch!
yep though that was 15 years ago and they were brutal

Tamz had an interesting one, using a 9" angle grinder. No clutch on that and that really would hurt you.

I've not had the balls to try it.

(He say's you can buy adapters for the core drills before you ask what I'm talking about). News to me too by the way.

Don't go over 2" with it Danny unless you are bigger than me :lol: (the leverage of the grinder makes it easy(ish) to hold) You need an M14 x 1/2" adaptor to get on a core bit. Very fast drilling.

Danny I have the hilti dd-110 and its a lot better compare to Makita . Not cheap but well worth it ...good think is we don't live where gas man is and don't have to deal with stone walls ! some of the old houses in London are 600mm think and they are a problem but I don't come across them often !

Stan, every tennement building in Edinburgh is a minimum of 27" thick. Usually you are fitting the boiler in the small airing cpd at the side of the fireplace which means a core of 35 - 42". Without a good machine you will be there for 4 hrs + drilling a hole in the ordinary stone and if you hit Craigleith stone, even the best tools will be there 3+.
Aberdeen is worse. 20" of granite which needs a wet cut or an apprentice :smile:

Anyone doing this for a living should never grudge spending the cash on a good machine. Your time is more valuable and it's tax deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this core drill be expensive to fix? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock