Search the forum,

Discuss Will this core drill be expensive to fix? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the other buyer saw the price of a new motor and pulled out.

i'd go ÂŁ100.!!! blows it off so could be the electronic switch contacts or broken bush

Went for ÂŁ95, I put a few bids in I couldn't help myself. No one on here bought it did they? It was gonna go for ÂŁ70 before I got in a bidding war with the winner. oops.

Went for ÂŁ95, I put a few bids in I couldn't help myself. No one on here bought it did they? It was gonna go for ÂŁ70 before I got in a bidding war with the winner. oops.
not me i been killing bricks with my kango,drilled trough solid stone with a 38mm bit earlier kango laughed at it,then had to core a 4 inch hole for a washing machine vent again the kango made my core drill look lame

Looks good but my powertool budget has been spent for this month as I've just upgraded my erbuarer router to Hitachi, besides 240V is best for me until the insurance companies start being silly.
bought mine last week,loads of bits,not had much use 20 year old(thats very young for a kango) ÂŁ300 with delivery,its very likely it will be still working hard long after i stop,we have another 637 on the othewr van its 35 year old used regularly,its had a few sets of brushes and a cooling blade

I want a drill that laughs at 4" cores.
my makita looks at it goes ha ha no chance pal LOL,seriously though if you can find a old kango that has core bits its a great bit of kit the trouble is getting spares and bits

My old Makita core drill was OK, but was nicked years back. I will prob buy a Marcrist (think thats how its spelt) next.

If the right Kango came up, I'd have it or Hilti. But will probably buy something new. You know, with a weak clutch and a plastic gear box.

I'm currently running a Sparky core drill, nothing wrong with it despite what the reviewers say. Granted I don't core flue holes everyday but its fine for what I need it for and I won't be too upset if its nicked.

Although all my tools are engraved with soldering iron.

Danny I have the hilti dd-110 and its a lot better compare to Makita . Not cheap but well worth it ...good think is we don't live where gas man is and don't have to deal with stone walls ! some of the old houses in London are 600mm think and they are a problem but I don't come across them often !

I'm currently running a Sparky core drill, nothing wrong with it despite what the reviewers say. Granted I don't core flue holes everyday but its fine for what I need it for and I won't be too upset if its nicked.

i would be right upset if anything of mine was nicked,years ago on a old house renov,my bachos got knicked,i knew who done it,he probably wonderd why his metro would not start a few days later,i knew because i had ripped the center lead from the coil,and broke the dizzy cap in the process

i used to have one and did use it every day .... First one lasted about 10 weeks, rook it back to screw fix and had seconed one then after another 10 weeks took it back as i Could not coop with the vibration from it and got a Bosch one which was excellent tool used it for about 2 years and sold it to a
mate and got my sself the hilti one

If I did catch the people that broke into my van that Sunday morning at 10am in front of wicked I probably would have stil be in prison !and If any of my tools get stolen and I know who had done it ........ Would not be just a problem with tere car there

i used to have one and did use it every day .... First one lasted about 10 weeks, rook it back to screw fix and had seconed one then after another 10 weeks took it back as i Could not coop with the vibration from it and got a Bosch one which was excellent tool used it for about 2 years and sold it to a
mate and got my sself the hilti one
if you can afford it you have to get the kit that does the job properly,the problem is its just so damn expensive,but the job goes quicker as a result,one thing that concerned me with the kango is i did not know if it had a clutch it did get stuck once but quickly started again glad to see it does,if it did not that thing would rip your arm off if it got stuck

We tried the sparky one a few months back. It was crap. I really can't believe that anyone has found it to be ok.

I was drilling a 2" hole through brick work, and the clutch was constantly slipping. Wasn't just me by the way. I got bored of doing it, and put someone else on the drill, and he was soon cursing and went and got the Bosch out the van. The Sparky went back to Screwfix.

Some one I used to work with had rotenberger one I think and it didn't have a clutch .... First time out nearly broke his arm :)

Tamz had an interesting one, using a 9" angle grinder. No clutch on that and that really would hurt you.

I've not had the balls to try it.

(He say's you can buy adapters for the core drills before you ask what I'm talking about). News to me too by the way.

For 1" 1/2 I use TCT bit from screw , Tamz suggested it it is a lot quicker but then I don't do much plumbing so not in use every day but is worth the ÂŁ30 from screw fix

Some one I used to work with had rotenberger one I think and it didn't have a clutch .... First time out nearly broke his arm :)

I used a massive drill when I first started, just a spotty teenager. Can't remember what drill it was, but it snatched and nearly took my head off. It also bent the arbour to the core drill and almost snapped it. Rendering it useless. So that taught me the value of a clutch. But the balance is difficult. You want a clutch but something that has some balls.

i would be right upset if anything of mine was nicked,years ago on a old house renov,my bachos got knicked,i knew who done it,he probably wonderd why his metro would not start a few days later,i knew because i had ripped the center lead from the coil,and broke the dizzy cap in the process

Don't get me wrong I'd be livid, just not as upset if it were a ÂŁ400 tool. I'm ready 24/7 to pounce on scum breaking into my van.

I pretty much know its a matter of when not if, my van gets done.

I don't live in a rough area, infact my little close is surrounded by farmers fields....but pikeys are out stealing stuff all the time. My neighbour had his laser nicked from his van a few weeks back, they left mine for some reason.

I've always lived out in the sticks, and the last place we lived in was on the edge of a farm. In 5 years there, I reckon the farm was done about once a year, or more. Quads, tools and machinery. Trailers once too.

Once time I came home very late and the farms trailer was at the end of the drive. I must have disturbed them, I got out and looked around. Pitch black of course no street lamps round my way. What would have happened if I'd found them!! I'd have been bashed over the head for my troubles!!

I used a massive drill when I first started, just a spotty teenager. Can't remember what drill it was, but it snatched and nearly took my head off. It also bent the arbour to the core drill and almost snapped it. Rendering it useless. So that taught me the value of a clutch. But the balance is difficult. You want a clutch but something that has some balls.
i had one spin round,smack me in the chin,put my back teeth through my tongue,blood everywhere and talking funny for a while drill was a bit like this but clutchless 850W ROTARY HAMMER DRILL POWERFUL TOOL CHISEL SDS BITS SET KIT 230V & BLOWCASE | eBay and the blue bit smacked me in the chin i was holding it head height and coreing in 4 inch

We tried the sparky one a few months back. It was crap. I really can't believe that anyone has found it to be ok.

I was drilling a 2" hole through brick work, and the clutch was constantly slipping. Wasn't just me by the way. I got bored of doing it, and put someone else on the drill, and he was soon cursing and went and got the Bosch out the van. The Sparky went back to Screwfix.

The clutch slips with me a bit Danny but I just thought it was normal? I haven't really had the pleasure of using a variaty of diamond core drills. When it slips I adjust angle, back off and continue. My 800w Bosch SDS is useless for cores, that one does slip like mad although an excellent hammer drill/plaster/tile addy mixer!

Most of the time the customer is behind you interested in the cutters etc, which dosn't help.

@GM - yeah, the one that got me was just like that. Vicious swines!!

@Phil - Fair enough. I've used a fair few core drills, and the Sparky one was terrible. Of course I could have had a duff one, but the clutch was weaker than my Bosch SDS for certain. Don't know how many watts the Bosch is though.

Customers watching you core drill. Horrible. I hate people watching me work full stop. I've had a spate of customers who tag along recently. I wish they'd realise how annoying it is to make small talk while you try to concentrate on a fiddly task. If I was only confident enough to politely ask them to do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this core drill be expensive to fix? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock