Search the forum,

Discuss will i loose hot water pressure with a system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I only have a 15mm pipe from the water main and have been told this may be limiting if i go for a system boiler as some of the water pressure is used to fill the tank while the hot water is being used. Is this correct and would a combi boiler with a high flow rate be better?

I only have a 15mm pipe from the water main and have been told this may be limiting if i go for a system boiler as some of the water pressure is used to fill the tank while the hot water is being used. Is this correct and would a combi boiler with a high flow rate be better?

Ideally you would need a dedicated 22mm supply to an unvented cylinder and then balance the supply via the inlet set, although you can use an accumulator of the correct size if you have the space to help balance any pressure loss. You could consider a 111w viessman or 200 series combi storage boiler, but what ever you choose you would need to know the flow rate and water pressure before you could make any decision. To fit an unvented you would need to be or have a plumber that is G3 registered.

You need to know the Pressure and flow rate at the first draw off point on the main really. That will help a lot.
I have installed many Unvented Cylinders off a 15mm main. However, I have upgraded all of them to 22mm pipe from the entry point of the main over to the cylinder. In some cases the external supply needs upgrading and of course some areas have poor water pressure and flow either due to elevation, mains size or demand.

Is it an unvented HW cylinder, or conventional type fed from the CW storage tank?

Reply to will i loose hot water pressure with a system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock