Search the forum,

Discuss Wickford, Essex. Advice needed don't want to be ripped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, need a little advise. Guessing I need a heating engineer to check my unvented megaflow system. Getting heating no problem but no hot water. My thoughts are its either the moterized valve or thermostat causing the issue.

last guy I had round for an issue last year swapped parts like no tomorrow before finding the issue and don't want this situation again. Turned out to be the boiler fan, but swapped, Pcb, moterized valve and something else.

also the pressure of the system keeps dropping slowly, but have not found a leak anywhere.

any recommendations in my area?

thanks

You are quite right as stated in your previous now closed post you will need to seek the professional services of a G3 certified heating engineer. You are right in thinking that the controls you referred to are likely causing your hot water issue. These are unrelated to the dropping pressure which could be attributed to a number of things but is typically due to one which will be readily identified by a good heating engineer. I sadly am not in your locality or I would have happily offered to carry out the necessary repairs. Hopefully some one on here will be local enough to assist you. Alternatively ask friends, family, neighbours and colleagues if they know of a good heating engineer. Could also try popping to some trade plumbing retailers and asking for contact details of a good engineer. Diy sheds like b&q dont count. If you have a good independent plumbing trade retailer then even better, they should be able to point you in the right direction to get a decent reputable, appropriately registered and certified plumber/ heating engineer.

Last edited:
I have PM'd you the name of an engineer local to you who knows what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wickford, Essex. Advice needed don't want to be ripped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock