Search the forum,

Discuss Why did someone do this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I do worry about some the things I lately encounter in heating trade. Enlighten me?!!?

!cid_17ed5021-0311-4c2b-9e37-ab1032b8ef25@icloud.jpg

Close coupling tees it's a thing ;)

Hydronic separation works (think of a llh)

Its the pipework to one of the UFH manifolds. Someone came along and thought putting a full bypassing tee between the flow and return?
Was he just looking to impress he could afford a pressfit machine? The original callout was to tackle an issue with the hot water not getting sufficiently hot. Who ever did this did not resolve the issue. Subsequently it turned out to be a bit of air and the boiler cutting out when on low gas due to incorrect fuel/air ratio.

Won't work well, as it can pull from the flow, or return.
Would have been better with a auto bypass between

I understand close coulpled tees , but you would normally have a pump on the flow from this. The way it's pipe up, it might completely bypass the mains

Thank you Chalked, you are right and since the introduction of this tee the heating is not functioning well anymore as all the UFH pump is doing is recirculating the water within the loops. I can see how the misinterpretation / lack of understanding of close coupling may have led to this now. There is a header on this system already by way of pipework albeit not a low loss one.

Also, surely that close-coupled tee is like having a full-bore bypass on the system (when the UFH zone valve is open, anyway)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why did someone do this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock