Search the forum,

Discuss whos had the most reliable tool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

for me its my 12 year old henry hoover,he sucks crap out of boilers cement,sand,and any mess left after a job he does not like water lo lol,it has never broken down just needs a new hose and his eyes are sagging a bit:)

you cant beat old henry hoover:D

most reliable tool dont know every tool in my box at the moment:D

My Jewson's wet vacuum (£60) is 2 years old and was priced into my first five jobs. Goodness knows how many gallons of water it's sucked out and various rubbish/rubble but still going strong.

What is it about household vacuums bought from Dixons and the like that only last 3 years and cost £200+?

My hammer's lasted 25 years ... my grandfather's electric drill is still working, bought in the 50's - also got his toolbox, a heavy leather case dated 1917!

my old metabo drill, bought it when i was 18, still going strong (now 50) only used now when the sds or core drill dies again., drapers/metabo provided spares free of charge when i burnt out the last set of carbons.

my old metabo drill, bought it when i was 18, still going strong (now 50) only used now when the sds or core drill dies again., drapers/metabo provided spares free of charge when i burnt out the last set of carbons.
metabo stuff is pukka ive got a metabo jig saw great bit of kit
oldest tool in my box is my straight pane hammer over 35 years old three new handles and two new heads still going strong

Killed my wet vac last week. I had to hoover the last of a seriously hot thermal store. The customer had jammed a screw in the high temp cut out (what a clever boy - not) so it was actually boiling.

I was tempted as I drained it to then fill it up a little to cool down the last bit, but thought, "na, it'll be ok"

The vacuum was actually belting out steam as I sucked the last bit out the hose (I won't bother explaining why I couldn't drain it all under gravity).

Anyway my Wickes wet vac did the job, even if the hose was starting to go a bit soft!

I went to use it today and it tripped the MCB in the house. So I think I've killed it.

I have a brandnew one in the shed, different make. So I guess I'll be digging that out in the morning.

Most reliable tool...I can't say. I tend to lose them or have them all nicked every few years, so nothing lasts that long!

I've killed 2 Henry hoovers :(

The nilfisk I have now is the business though.

Ive one of those too, still going:):):)

Still got some caulking irons in the shed not much called for now what with timesaver as replacement regards turnpin:)

The two spanners I use for compression fittings were bought by my father when he was an apprentice around 60 years ago.

My most reliable tools are my eyes, most unreliable are my knees they are totally FU

My eyes have gone as well as my knees. If I was a Horse I'd be shot.

Just thinking about tools I have and the one that has barely faded, in fact is still as good as new, is my earth continuity strap! Probably coz I've never used it!!! EVER!!! :lol:

My snap-on ratchet screwdriver 27 years old & still works like new

I've had a 2m metric-only Stanley tape measure for about 20 years that gets used daily and still operates perfectly. No idea where it came from but if anyone knows someone by the name of Terry Dolan then tell him to call me - his name is engraved on it.

Still got some caulking irons in the shed not much called for now what with timesaver as replacement regards turnpin:)
i got some of those too left and right ones last time i used them must have been about 18 yrs ago at a brewery

When I was serving my time I did a job for an old retired plumber and he gave me this blowlamp of his, said it'd never let him down.

blowlamp 001.jpg

I took it to bits with the intention of cleaning it up and trying it out but can't find some of the bits. The rest of the gear he gave me included lead pipe former things - like iron half-domes with grooves in as well as wooden bossing tools.

Hi Terry Dolan here, anyone happen to come across a tape measure? cant remember where I put it down all those years ago

Hi Terry Dolan here, anyone happen to come across a tape measure? cant remember where I put it down all those years ago

I so solly, me no speak England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whos had the most reliable tool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock