Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Who should I call? (not Ghostbusters) in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Julian Such

Julian Such New Member

So my saga continues. Viessmann Vitodens 200w and TadoV3. My plumber has been unable to connect it as per my wishes so that it does this.

So who do I reach out to for advice as to a fitter who can fit. Do I speak to Tado or Viessman for a fitter reccomendation?

I have spoken to the company on Youtube although the cost to come acros may be prohibitive for me

Thanks

2. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you paid your original plumber to do this then I would call him back and get him to do it properly, if he needs to he should ring viessmann for help on the install.

3. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

It’s possible to install.

4. Julian Such

Julian Such New Member

Multiple attempts at fitting. Happy to put to experience and get someone else in. They are a Viessmann approved fitter.

5. Julian Such

Julian Such New Member

Sorry are there words missing?

6. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

No words missing. I’ve installed loads of tados to many different boilers it’s possible to install it.

It’s not very different to installing a wireless room stat.

7. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

i am still not sure its fully compatible with the 200 are you positive it is.

8. Julian Such

Julian Such New Member

Yes Viessmann have confirmed and they sell the Tado as a package. So the question remains where does the skill lie? is it better to get someone who is familiar with Tado or familiar with Viessmann.?

9. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Familiar with Weismann for me. Bug depends on engineer experience really.

10. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

yes they sell it but they also state not compatible with some boilers. think you should check again. as i have said before my old house i had a 200 combi with weather comp and after several months tado refunded me and said it wasnt compatible with my boiler

11. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

I cannot help but my view is that this type of problem is on the rise as more and more so called smart systems come to the market. Soon there will be universal connectivity I know I have seen it, do not buy intermediate stuff , I cannot tell
    because they are under Eu Patent process at the moment AND none are mine Rob Foster
    aka centralheatking