Search the forum,

Discuss Who is to blame? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

I remember reading an article once about why surveyor's never say anything but "it appears" and not "it is" in a report.

Its to avoid being sued, apparently if you say "it appears" it is not a definite statement of truth. It only appears that way. Neat bit of foot work.

Its the way the article advised Plumbers to write reports.

I suppose its the same as "All measurements to be checked on site" gets draftsmen and architects out of an accuracy problem.

The same as "must conform to all current Regulations" lands it right in your lap.

Its a game isn't it?

Just watch how you go if your new in the trade, read everything and try and clarify it, so that you understand it.:):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
it appears to be the same for portfolio.
one trainee appears to need 60 pcs of works of art
his mate appears to need 80
trainee newbie appears to need 6 of each
trainee phillgas appears to need 3 of each
and so on

it appears to be one big joke??

who to blame ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose its the same as "All measurements to be checked on site" gets draftsmen and architects out of an accuracy problem.
Back in the dark ages, when I was doing a 4 year apprenticeship, I was asked to make a jig for use in our R&D dept. Part of the job involved drilling a number of very fine holes (pin size) in a metal plate.

Being a bolshie teenager I noticed that the draughtsman had not given any specific tolerances on the holes; so I left them out and sent the jig back to R&D. "You've left the holes out", they said. "No I haven't," I replied. "What do you mean?" they asked. "Read the drawing - 'all dimensions are plus or minus one sixteenth of an inch unless stated otherwise' - the holes are within that tolerance. If you want the holes to be visible, you will have to specify closer tolerances."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who is to blame? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock