Search the forum,

Discuss Which work trousers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone of you recomend a good pair of work trousers needs a new pair? Obviously looking for good value for money.

Thanks

Dickies

I usually wear these because they have loads of pockets as I tend to be a bit of a hoarder and I like to carry lots of odds and ends.

Snickers for me, nice fit and last really well. Bit pricey though.

I go to my local army and navy shop buy there work trousers £15, when they get covered in sealant, plumber mait and tallow etc, they look too bad they get binned and another pair bought.

£15 cheap as chips.

I like Snickers but probably going to get Strauss for my next pair as Snickers are so flipping expensive. I don't like Dickies as the fit is really weird for me.

Most important thing for me now is knee protectors built in.

im a snickers man also, i tend to wait until they have a sale on and then get a few pairs and some other stuff for a knock down price, try snickers direct if your thinking of getting some.

snickers 3212's they are the best.....

Dr Martens or euro hiker...or Timberlands....never trainers....in my opinion if you want to wear trainers with work wear...become a painter.....

I bought a pair of CAT work trousers for about £49 (40 inch waist) and then lost 3.5 stone rendering them redundant as I'm down to 34 Inch now.

I'm done with expensive gear I'll grow out of and just mooch around now in a pair of £20 Screwfix trousers.

snickers 3212's they are the best.....

Dr Martens or euro hiker...or Timberlands....never trainers....in my opinion if you want to wear trainers with work wear...become a painter.....

Steel toe caps alls the way. Boots for outside work and winter. Steel toe cap trainers for inside work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought scruffs pro from screwfix about 4 months ago i found them very comfy and they seem very well made and hardwearing .plenty pockets too

Another vote for Scruffs Pro trousers here. Very comfy, very well made and lots of pockets to keep everything handy!

snickers for me yes they are expensive but i got two pairs about 18months ago and they are still going strong so £120 over 18 months whats that about £8 a month? and there is still life in them yet

Caterpillar at the minute. Think they were on offer for £35 a few months ago in screwfix

Great value and hard wearing with all the pockets you'll ever need.....

[DLMURL="http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p16559"]Toolstation > Workwear > Trousers & Shorts > Durakit Multi Pocket Trousers[/DLMURL]

I've got 5 pairs and they last well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a shadow of a doubt. Snickers!
My brother is on his fourth set of cheap toolstation specials that fall to bits within 6 months.(won't listen to me about you do get what you pay for) I have two pairs snickers that two years later are still 100% intact. Bit dirtier and stained now though.
Got mine in arco sale for £38. What a bargain!
Would never buy anything else.

Snickers all the way!! Like my side pockets!! Got the 3212 type (i think it is) the most expensive trousers... Brillant tho!

I'm currently sporting a pair of these
Cheap and cheerful, plenty of pockets but the knee pad holders are a bit low for me, I'm always pulling the pads up.

Thanks for this link. Just ordered myself a set of trousers with knee pads! :) All for less than £20 with free express delivery! Cant be bad!

I bought scruffs pro from screwfix about 4 months ago i found them very comfy and they seem very well made and hardwearing .plenty pockets too

Scruffs pro every time, tough hard wearing, superb fit, top loading knee pad pockets and loads of pockets also look pretty smart. Re getting them covered in sealant and wotnot I prefer to put it on what im working on, not me troosers :yes:

Thanks for this link. Just ordered myself a set of trousers with knee pads! :) All for less than £20 with free express delivery! Cant be bad!

Yep not bad at all, and in two weeks when their worn out they will be cheap to replace lol !!

i have been buying them dickies cheap n cheerful one from screwfix £18 like the look of snickers but to tight might treat myself one day lol but i am mostly in cargo shorts

Snickers floor fitter trousers. Only ones ive tried that have ever lasted me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snickers good but overpriced, dickies never seem to be a comfy fit, tried the red rock things, but the pockets kept coming off to easy, currently running a pair of scruffs and must say very impressed. Very comfy and seem hard wearing with good storage space, will deffo be using again.

I've been using JCB ones from B&Q, really impressed with them and not too pricey. I gave up on Dickies, they kept splitting at the the crotch after a few weeks, was a dangerous combination with a well worn pair of boxers, I "popped out" on a few occasions!!!

Hello i have been using Engelburt Strauss trousers for about 7 years now and i am on my second pair, the first set i bought were still going strong but i had top sell them on ebay due top them looking old and covered in silicone. The Motion trouser www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/show/activeSITE.asp?p=<folder+id%3d"91211EBE-EB70-4B14-85B2-7FDB2D2E0516"><%2ffolder> is the best so far loads of pockets, strong knee material, knee pads never fall out and a slightly elasticated waste so i dont need a belt. Also check out the snickers 9118 knee pads a bit pricey but luxury on the knees.

i have dickies eishenhaur (?) from wickes @£25 worn them nearly every day for 3 years, only one broken belt loop.
i might stretch to 2 pairs by the end of this year as i dont think you should go into a customers house dressed like you just came out of college.lol.

Hmm two makes of trousers I generally buy are

1. Panoply (Do an ok work trainer also that can match the trousers, if you are that way inclined), also (as with the next ones also) once they get covered in the usual products , simply bin/replace.
was getting sick of paying 30-50 quid on jobman, snickers, dickies etc, as slightly better quality as they are, they don't justify the price v length of time they stay looking good.

There is also a good deal on these on ebay , 2* pair + Knee pads, 30 odd quid IIRC for the above...

2. Toolstation own brand I think, good trousers for servicing , plenty pockets for drivers , and bits n bobs etc..

Cheap trousers always fail me but I keep buying them hoping the next brand will be better.

Its always the pocket where I keep my pens that comes away first, I reach into my pocket for a pen and find it empty and have to borrow customers. Lost countless pens.

yeah i know what you mean, but tbh , i always loose at least a couple of pencils a week anyway, pound shop * 12 in a pack =£1 winner!

it normally more the neon testing driver I get frustrated about loosing!

I swear by Mascot workwear. Pricey. About £60 a pair but I've never had quality like it.

I agree with mascot being good work trousers, although the magnets in the pockets is a bit of a gimmick. I personally like Tranemo, the material is a bit thick, good for the winter, nightmare in summer! Would love a pair of snickers floorlayer but are a bit pricey at £ 110 + with the pads :shocked3:. I just won a pair of Blaklader in a competition which are pretty good for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which work trousers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock