Search the forum,

Discuss which thermostat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

will777

Hi all,

I am having a new worcester 30cdi boiler fitted and im wanting a 7 day programmable thermostat to replace the old dial thermostat there at the minute however i have 2 questions.

1. Am i right in thinking the old wiring will not be sufficient to run the new thermostat so i will need a wireless one?

2. Can anyone suggest any good thermostats as there are so many to choose from? Its only a semi detched so there is no zones to heat and so something relatively easy to use, im thinking touchscreen prob look bling but are they any good?

Any info much appreciated!

I am having a new Worcester 30cdi boiler fitted
Combi, System or Regular?

1. Am i right in thinking the old wiring will not be sufficient to run the new thermostat so i will need a wireless one?
How many wires go to the thermostat - excluding earth?
Most thermostats run on batteries, so you only need two wires, Live and Switched Live.
Is the existing thermostat in the best position to control the heat? If it is you should not need to go wireless.

Can anyone suggest any good thermostats as there are so many to choose from?
Honeywell CM907 (wired) or CM927 (wireless)

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Its a combi boiler, there is 2 wires excluding the earth and it is situated in the hallway which i think is the best place for it so wont need relocating.

Then you can use a Honeywell CM907 with the existing wires. The boiler installer will connect it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which thermostat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock