Search the forum,

Discuss Which spanner ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rozie

We need to change the syphon in our ancient porcelain toilet any idea what type of spanner we would need for the back nut. Has anyone used the taptool universal spanner shown on Amazon we were wondering if this would fit.

Mmmmmmm I think we need waterpump pliers :D answered my own question cheers.

Use: Ridgid Boeing wrench, Snail brand auto wrench or as stated above 12" water pump pliers.

12" grips do it for me, also invaluable for delicate jobs such as fire unions :)

Hi all thanks so much for your input sorry for some reason replies went into my spam box so didn't realise I had more replies cheers, I enjoy this forum I didn't realise how much plumbing advise we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which spanner ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've lost the note I had about how to do that. The boiler has two blue taps underneath. The rhs one turns clockwise. The lhs one is so stiff I can't move...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;) Assuming it is, we have looked on various online...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock