Search the forum,

Discuss which ratchet cutter do you use for plastic pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

northstar

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
whats a good quality ratchet cutter for plastic pipes? what do you use ?

oooo youve just reminded me i need a new blade for mine. its a rothenberger mga-37

rothenburger rachet cutter, brand new, overpriced and useless, the cheap screw fix model was better but now got the plasticut set fm rottenburger, great on 15/22mm ok on 1/14/ and 11/2 inch wastes

i have a rothenberger ratchet and its not the best! wont cut anymore as ratchets dont engage! cant beat the old fashion john guest ones!

Reed ratchet cutter. They are really all about the same but a tip I would give you is to really sharpen up the blade when you first use it (watch your fingers when using it thereafter) and it will slice through barrier pipe like butter.

You will need to resharpen the blade fairly regularly as barrier pipe tends to blunt it quickly.

If the ratchets stop engaging properly all it needs is a bit of WD40

Last edited:
i had a rocut 28 for the last ten years and its just broken ive bow got some cheapish plastic one which do the job but compared to the rocut they are to big which has reminded me im going to search for rocuts

I actually have 2 - a large one I just use for 25mm MDPE and larger, and 28mm push fit on the rare occasion I come across it. The other is just a standard smaller one up to 25mm and easier to use for the smaller stuff. Sometimes it is easier to twist it round the pipe to help it start cutting. Remember to keep a sharpening slipstone handy and keep the blade sharp. A kitchen steel would do if you don't have an oil stone.

hack saw ratchet cutter... no wait.. just a hacksaw :) for waste anyway ;)

otherwise, milwaukee cordless for barrier/JG/uponor etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which ratchet cutter do you use for plastic pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock