Search the forum,

Discuss Which plastic pipe system do you prefer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Polyplumb.

You can vote for more than one option

Last edited:
Polyplumb here, and polyfit when I can find it. Personally I hate the Hep2o white system with a passion, especially those awful plastic thingys which you need to use if you want to disassemble it, and it looks so ugly. Anyone else agree?

Poly plumb if out of site. Poly fit if not. Poly fit is nice if it needs to be demountable as it has a release ring so you don't have to dismantle the fitting to remove it from the pipe.
Can't stand hep 20. John guest is good also. Have used most of the types and never had any problems with any of them that could be attributed to the design or quality of the fitting. I just make sure I always use the same brand inserts as fitting and whatever is the cheapest easiest to lay pipe as it makes no difference which brand of pipe is used with which fitting IMHO. Always give the fitting a little squirt from my aerosol silicone grease can. Also I always over estimate cut lengths, better to have a length under compression between 2 fittings than stretched between 2 fittings. Hardly ever use it on show. Poly fit stop ends are nice as they are a little bigger and are easier to get a grip of when removing from pipe after use I keep one that I always use for plugging the vent on a powerflush for example.

I prefer JG, although a certain part of the decision is because that is what my local merchant stocks. I would also add how disappointed I was when I used the lay-flat pipe- it doesn't exactly just fall flat like a rope as seen in their adverts.

Any feedback on the crimp types? Never looked much at them so far.

Never seen the Floplast pipe being used but I have seen it listed in a few catalogues.

I prefer JG, although a certain part of the decision is because that is what my local merchant stocks. I would also add how disappointed I was when I used the lay-flat pipe- it doesn't exactly just fall flat like a rope as seen in their adverts.

Never had a problem with the lay flat, always done what it says on the tin. But then ive only used the 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which plastic pipe system do you prefer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed the old vanity unit in my bathroom, intending to do a makeover. Finished the shower cubicle, and starting on the vanity. I bought a 2nd hand basin with taps, but I find it's far too heavy to mount on the new counter I made. What I'd like is a plastic basin. I see a few on eeb ay, but...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
I am told I need to replace my boiler. I am considering a system boiler so I can lose the tank in the loft and feed it direct from the mains water. My rads are fed by 10mm plastic pipe. Is there much of a pressure increase with a system boiler and will the plastic pipe joints (e.g. John Guest...
Replies
Views
Hello, I fitted a Cooke and Lewis shower cubicle about 5-6 years ago. The weight of the glass shower door has put large impressions of the roller wheels in the plastic track the rollers run on. Got worse over the years and now it is quite difficult to open and close the shower door. I took some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock